3rd gen sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by klong2194
dude, did you add that part where your subs are cause i have no room, i have a box with three tens but it wont fit.. i thought about where the hatch closes and you have that flat part cutting into it, depending on what its made of and making my own box in it and putting amps on the low part of the trunk. also ima update the stock 6x9's and put like 5's in the door panels. maybe
yes there was a custom box built for the subs. fits in nicely behind the seats along with the amps.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ScottD
Oh GAWD...there is nothing more cliche than a 3rd gen Camaro playing classic rock. Make sure you have a mullet, acid washed jeans and a Night Ranger T-Shirt.....

Please, please please at least add a decent head unit and some speakers. I know Im the first one to bash these kids for dumpin all their money into sound and not performance but yer killin me!
Uhh, none of the above. I'm not a redneck and I'm not interested in modifying my car. And as far as sound, half the time I don't even turn the music on. I'd rather listen to the car itself.

Well, and what's wrong with Van Halen, AC/DC, Metallica and such? s'good music :/

Old 01-24-2010, 08:37 AM
3rd Gear Member

Sorry man, knee jerk reaction. Here in Syracuse, 'Classic Rock' is defined by the same, worn out 70's rock that has been getting played for the last 30 years. I can turn on our local 'classic rock' station and I dont think their playlist has changed in 20 years.

PS- Metallica sold us out over the whole Napster debate. Ive lost ALL respect for them professionally and musically since. Master of Puppets is the only CD of theirs I keep around. Van Halen......everybody loves Van Halen. Even if DLR was the biggest ****** to walk the planet!

I was jamming to GWAR last night!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ScottD
PS- Metallica sold us out over the whole Napster debate. Ive lost ALL respect for them professionally and musically since. Master of Puppets is the only CD of theirs I keep around. Van Halen......everybody loves Van Halen. Even if DLR was the biggest ****** to walk the planet!
I can't be bothered to care, personally. Music is what matters to me. If it's good, uhh, "nothing else matters" Name:  emot-v.gif
Views: 480
Size:  953 Bytes

Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM

C4maro is that an actual box or is it just a piece of wood covering the big hole in the trunk?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by brad87
C4maro is that an actual box or is it just a piece of wood covering the big hole in the trunk?

Its a box.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

did you make this box yourself or did you buy it?

Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear member

did you make this box yourself or did you buy it?
Its home made, built by the previous owner of the car.

Its ALOT cheaper to make these boxes than have them built for you at a shop.

There pretty darn pricey, so if you've got good wood working skills i suggest you try making it yourself.

-c4

Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

alright man im not bad with wood and neither is my dad is that all your speakers? or do you have more in the car?, ima put 2 12's and 2 10's back there, and update the stock

Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear member

alright man im not bad with wood and neither is my dad is that all your speakers? or do you have more in the car?, ima put 2 12's and 2 10's back there, and update the stock
Those are subs in my picture, speakers are different, i have two 6x9's above the seat and two smaller ones in the dash.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen sound system?