Someone Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Default Someone Please Help

Ok I had posted this before but still no help. So my questions is that since I am putting in a carb 350 into what was a 2.8 v6 fuel injec do I need to keep all that bull**** wire that was in the engine bay in the big harness?? I was thinking I could just get rid of all the wire in the engine bay and run new wires as to not have to use all that big **** of a mess. Also do I need to or should I keep all the wires that were behind the dash or can I or should I rewire all that as well. I hope somone out there has a good answer as to what they did or what they have heard of thanks.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Someone Please Help

Here go here this will show u every wire u need and don't as far as dash wires leave them

Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 AM

Hey bud thanks for the response but you said go here and well I cant find a link or whatever so I am not sure if my computer is not showing one or if you forgot to paste it ???

Old 02-26-2007, 12:41 AM
2nd Gear member

pretty much all the wires on the right side if the firewall can go, except the ones for the heater. the ones on the left side go to the gauges, headlamps , distributor and things of that sort. as far as the engine itself , all it needs is a power wire to the distributor (key on power) the starter solenoid wire (power in the start position) and alternator wiring (which can be solved with a single wire alternator). all the others are optional (gauges and a/c compressor)

Old 02-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Ok man thanks thats what I thought but wanted to hear it from someone else man. Thanks bro

Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear member

I've done acouple of carb to efi projects so I'll do my best to answer what I know. First off is get the electrical schematics of your year vehicle because they vary alittle. Make a copy because you don't want to get the original soiled. Study it well. You will notice that some of your wiring can be reusedto your conversion. You want to start by locating wires from your ECM out. Don't start cutting wires yet. Remove all of the wire loom and black tape from your wiring as you progress to each of the sensors. As I said B4 study your wiring diagramand pay close attention to color codes.You will beremoving eveything connected to the ECM.It's agood idea to keep stuffs like your temp sender(not temp sensor),oil pressuresender, and also your A/Cwiring. If your going to run a electric choke then I think there may be aIGNON wire somewhere too.You will have to set up somethingto run your cooling fan. Just take your time. You might even make a few bucks selling your ECM and wiring harness onebay. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Not only studying the wiring diagram is a good idea, but if at all possible take pictures so you can put back what needs to be put back in the right spots. You don't want to end up with something not working and you can't remember what wire goes where.