Leaf Springs....so many to choose from!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Leaf Springs....so many to choose from!

Hey! I'm looking for some overall good leaf springs...roughly around $200-$300. I'm new to this whole fixing up suspension thing so I was wondering what leaf springs are better than others. I'm trying to make my rear stiffer for better cornering, handling, and what not...its a little bouncy back there. This might help a little: 1978 LT 350...I'm all ears! Thanks for the help!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Leaf Springs....so many to choose from!

I just rebuilt my suspension, front & back, but decided to replace the leafs (and coils) with stock springs from Eaton (ordered thru NPD). You should also look into putting Edelbrock IAS Classics all around. If you still have original bushings you should think about replacing them also. I used a mixture of rubber and poly depending on the location.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Bamaro. Yeah, actually just ordered Eaton leaf springs! I've heard IAS classics are one of the best for handling. My other problem (which I posted a topic about) that I lowered the front about 1.5'....and now I'm bottoming out on bumps and potholes....you think I need a coil-over shocks in the front to stop that?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 78LT350
you think I need a coil-over shocks in the front to stop that?
no!!!!

I'm really thinking they sold you the wrong springs

Old 12-06-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Ughhhhhh, really?? Well, i ordered the springs from Summit racing....how could they mess something like that up?? Crap...oh well. One of these days I'll figure out what's the spring rate to put in my car. Thanks for the help SS!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Since you ordered the leafs from Eaton, they should have no problem selling you matching coils for the front.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 PM

how does one come to the conclusion that the wrong springs were installed over the internet? inquiering mind

Old 12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 79T/Aman

how does one come to the conclusion that the wrong springs were installed over the internet? inquiering mind
how does any conclusion work over the internet? it's all educated guesses. besides that, he has other posts on the subject with more information

if you look at his pictures, his car actually look like it sits higher than stock, not lower. I have had the wrong parts in the right packages before. accidents do happen

Old 01-25-2008, 05:38 PM

NICE CAR I LIKE THE COLOR GO WITH HOTCHKISS THER IS NO BODY ROLL I EVEN HAD 325 50 ON THE BACK WITH NO TUB KIT NO RUBBING ALUINUM BODY MOUNTS POLYEURETHEN BUSHINS IN STOCK A ARMS HOTCHKISS SPRINGS AND SWAY BARS FRAME CONNECTERS AN FLAMING RIVER STERRING BOX HANDLES AS GOOD AS A 02 CAMARO PROABLY BETTER IT MADE AWORLD OF DIFFERANCE

Old 01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VIPER RED 78

NICE CAR I LIKE THE COLOR GO WITH HOTCHKISS THER IS NO BODY ROLL I EVEN HAD 325 50 ON THE BACK WITH NO TUB KIT NO RUBBING ALUINUM BODY MOUNTS POLYEURETHEN BUSHINS IN STOCK A ARMS HOTCHKISS SPRINGS AND SWAY BARS FRAME CONNECTERS AN FLAMING RIVER STERRING BOX HANDLES AS GOOD AS A 02 CAMARO PROABLY BETTER IT MADE AWORLD OF DIFFERANCE
you need to get rid of the caps. it usually means you are yelling. also, a little bit of punctuation will make your posts easier to read

are you saying that you bought a Flaming River steering box?

Quick Reply: Leaf Springs....so many to choose from!