Where do you order from?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Where do you order from?

I'm compiling a list of helpful information for people who want to begin restoring a car. It was something i wished was out there and wasn't so while i'm restoring my Camaro i've begun making this list.

I thought i'd get some professional opinion on some of this, and that is why i'm here asking you guys.

Where do you guys order you parts from. Are there any local places you always purchase certain items at, such as paint, air filter, lights, etc from Advanced Auto Parts or do you prefer getting those online as well.

I've already listed the fallowing:
NPD
D&R Classic Automotive
Jegs
Summit Racing
Auto Parts Warehouse
Car Parts

as well as
Lowes (not Home Depot)
O'Reilly's

would you please be specific about what you purchase there. Interior parts, engine parts, engine upgrades\mods etc.

Also if you have any information you think would be handy for a newbie or you would like to see on the list, please add it through PM or even post it here. If you would like credit, please state that you would, otherwise Camaro Forum is going to be credit, thus i cover all my bases.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear member

There is a place in Richmond, Ky. called Camaro Central. They sell parts for 1967-2002 Camaros.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I ordered almost all my body and interior parts from Biscay's Classic Chevy. All my performance parts for engine, tranny, rearend and suspension bushings from Summit Racing. Almost all my every day mechanical parts like ball joints, air filters, oil, etc. I get at my local NAPA. Some places are cheaper than NAPA, but many have idiots for counter people, and I get less frustration from NAPA.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

here is a place in mallorytown ontario called Ultimate performance pretty good to deal with

Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Overdrive Member

I deal with competition products for engine and related parts.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Not meaning to hack on any suppliers, but I have a question about Summit Racing.

I ordered quarters from Summit racing on Ebay last week. The money was taken to pay for the parts, but I kept waiting for a shipping date/number and never got one. I sent an email to them after 4 days, because the add says "ship within 1 day after payment" and asked when my order would ship. I got back an automated response that gave 8 generic answers, and then asked if my question had been answered. Of course none of the answers came close.

When I answered no I got an email from a live person who told me my order was being "drop-shipped" and would ship the middle of next month. I was like WHAT? next month was totally unacceptable. Well I canceled my order and now need to find a place where I can get rear quarters and front fender rear patches, and get this in less than a month.

Or is this how all suppliers work?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Overdrive Member

I have had a few problems with Summit. Delivery alone is the reason I don't like ordering from them. I live less than four hours from there warehouse. It usually takes them a week.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Is there a particular supplier you know of that I can buy(quarters) from online and get them shipped in a timely manor?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks ya'll. Great stuff there, good sites. appreciate it!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Detector
Is there a particular supplier you know of that I can buy(quarters) from online and get them shipped in a timely manor?
I wont order any body parts from Summit ever! They sell Goodmark, and it's Goodmark that's the problem, not Summit! I ordered bumper brackets from Summit that were Goodmark and paid $15 for next day air. They arrived 3 weeks later. Summit was very good about it and gave me all my shipping costs back, but I wont buy Goodmark from them ever again.
If you want to get super fast shipping and great service try Biscay's Classic Chevy. You can check their online catalog, but it's outdated and I just call them. Much of what they sell is stock on their shelves and they wont gouge you on shipping. I live a couple hours away and they get my stuff to me the next day if I order by 3:00 PM.

http://www.biscaysclassic.com/biscays/camaro.html

I get stuff from Summit all the time in 2-3 days for anything other than Goodmark items.

Quick Reply: Where do you order from?