Whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Whatcha think?

Hey guys this is my car as of 2 days ago, what do you think? Imma put the autobot sticker on the hood, getting a 350 engine and then painting her black with silver stripes, any ideas or thoughts? My signature is what she looked like when I first got her, shes currently named Krystal lol.
Name:  SUNP0091.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  100.3 KB

Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Whatcha think?

the body looks nice. She should look great after you get her painted.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Looks great. Even now, I kinda like the grayish/silverish body color together with the chrome accents. Black would introduce too much contrast, but that's just me. I like any color but black or gray :-)

Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear member

looks good man should be a good ricer eater

[/align]

Old 03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

what the hell is an autobot? and don't put any stickers on your car. they only cheapen the looks of a car.

you do realize that if you're going black you are going to need a ton more bodywork for it to look good, right? just front that one picture, I can see it's not even close to straight enough for a black paintjob right now

also, did you ever think about losing the side moldings? or just losing the chome ones for body colored ones?it make the car look a lot smoother

Old 03-08-2008, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear member

ok i have to say. an autobot is an alien robot. from the planet cybertron. in the transformer movie the autobot named bumble bee was a 76-77 camaro. yellow with black stripes. get your facts together......

my second point is. 1969ss how can you tell how the body is from looking at ONE picture?! its one picture 5 feet away. and he never said he was finished blocking it down/ doing prepwork......it looks pretty cool anyway. kind of like a rat rod/hot rod

and one last thing dont put the autobot sticker on your hood, because people will be like look at that tool, hes trying to be the transformers kid. if you want one get a smaller one and put it in your back windsheild or on the back of the spoiler. where i am there are a few kids who put them on there car, some look cool others are stupid.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thebandit110

my second point is. 1969ss how can you tell how the body is from looking at ONE picture?! its one picture 5 feet away. and he never said he was finished blocking it down/ doing prepwork......it looks pretty cool anyway. kind of like a rat rod/hot rod
that's exactly my point, I can tell from one picture "five feet away", so I can only imagine how much work it would really need to get painted

not bashing on him, just telling what I see

Old 03-09-2008, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear member

yeah and my point is, you cannot tell by the picture. who knows if there is some kind of glare/ and who knows. ITS 1 PICTURE. you dont know anything, from seeing it. you can have a car look awesome in pictures and its a p.o.s or vise versa. and am i saying its perfect no. and it sure sounded like a bashing to me....

Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Trust me i know the exact make and model that bumblebee was i was going to buy a 77 but i prefer the 80 and ive never seen any one put a big autobot sticker on the hood, they always just put in on the rear window. She has some side rust, but i am replace the doors and fenders. I was considering taking the side moldings off and just putting 350 badges to match the engine. Shes not perfect thats why i got her. Wanted a project, and she wont be painted properly for atleast a year. Engine, transmission, and rear end this summer. Cosmetics come later on. I dont take as bashing,its honest opinions. For now I also like the primer rat rod look, I started redoing the interior. The sticker wouldnt be there forever, just for now. Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

On a good note shes getting around 19 mpg highway/city miles atm. gets about 300 miles to the tank. Hopefully the 350 wont eat too much gas

Quick Reply: Whatcha think?