What do I check now??(wiper motor)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What do I check now??(wiper motor)

Ok so my wipers were running fine when they stopped working one day. I checked all the wiring first. The groundswere good and therewas 12 volts of juice at the power plug. I assumed that the motor is bad since all the wires checked out. I bought a new motor and plugged it in. Nothing happened. So I tested the switch and everything checked out fine again, but it still will not run. I have no idea where to go next? Did I have to activate the new motor I bought somehow? I feel like im missing something very simple... (I know ive posted about this before but im just not sure where else to turn) thanks

Old 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do I check now??(wiper motor)

If you have power up to the motor then it is likely the motor. It is not unusual for aftermaret motors to be defective. There is a high return rate on them for that reason. Take it back get another one aand have them check it before you pay for it. The only other thing would be that the connector is not fully seating so I would check the current on the wires themselves before the connector.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

wow...i feel pretty dumb right now...before i took out the old motor i decided to replace the fuse because it was old and i wanted to make sure that a bad fuse wasnt the problem. I put a 20 amp fuse in by mistake instead of the necessary 25 amp fuse. When I put the new motor in the fuse wasnt sending enough juice to power it. Once i replaced the fuse it started working like new.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool man. Glad you got it working OK. That's a commom mistake. We all do it. No need to feel dumb. That's what this forum is for, to help people isoate problems. Hope your week goes well for you