the scariest night ever

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default the scariest night ever

first off no i didnt wreck my car. but.............. i went to my girlfriends house the other night to visit for a lil while and i went up the driveway and about ten i went to leave i swung real wide left to miss the dip in her drive way and when i got to the bottom of the driveway i went into the grass to stay away from the bushes and little did i know there was about a foot drop off in the grass with a drain pipe in it and my tire went around the pipe but my traction bar caught on the pipe and my car rested on the pipe with my rear driverside wheel about a foot off of the ground and due to my limited slip rearend (i know i know i need a posi) but yea so her dad came out there and we tried to pull it out but i was afraid to mess up my freshly done camaro. and then i got to looking at the rearend and it looked like my wheel was tilted inward and i thought i had messed somethin up seriously and i was about to have a breakdown. so we call a wrecker and the only way he could get it out without dragging the exhaust or leaf springs or rear end out was to get the flatbed under the rear bumper and pick it straight up and like any one of you i didnt like that worth a damn i just knew that my back bumper and quarter panels were gonna crinkle like paper. but i got in it and put it in nuetral and steered it and he picked it up and rolled it forward and sat it down with out any crinkles and then i looked at my rearend and it was all good just bent my traction bar a lil bit. so i got in the car and started home with my mom following me and rolled my windows down to listen for any noise and then all the sudden i see blue lights behind my mom so i pulled into a lil store on my way home (by the way my girlfriend lives about a mile from me) and he goes around my mom pulls into the next entrance and stops in front of me. so i shut the car offand ask him what the problem is and he said i didnt have any taillights so i figured i might have pulled a wire or somthin on that pipe so i waited my he ran my liscence and junk and in the mean time another cop pulled up and he was talkin about how badass my car was so i ask him if i had tailights and he said yea you got them and the other cop said he couldnt see them because of the blackouts but the inside of that housing is chrome they are just as bright as regular taillights and he said well its not illegal so he let me go and i got home and went to bed it was the most nerve racking night ever

Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear member

Definitely sounds like you had a bad night haha,at least it all worked out ok though.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

yea dude it was terrible im just glad it aint tore up

Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah,all that time you waited for it to get done then it gets messed up,definitely would not be a good day.Like i've mentioned before i used to have an 80 that was completely finished and ready for paint,then it caught on fire,needless to say i was so pissed off nobody wanted to get anywhere near me for a few days afterward,let's just say i was not the most pleasant person to be around for a while haha.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

You rarely get a second chance, so take it carefully now.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

oh i am i aint even goin back up that driveway i think its cursed like two days later i drove my moms car up there (an 02 focus) pos ford i been under it all week puttin fuel pump after fuel pump in it and then i took my girl home in it and the ignition switch locked up so im kinda scared of that driveway and im bein super careful now

Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Be careful with those blacked out tails, sometimes there's not to many nice cops. My cousin got pulled over all the time because of light covers, makes me wonder why they are even made if you can't drive with them lol.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
makes me wonder why they are even made if you can't drive with them lol.
Why do they make blowers, superchargers, turbos, nitrous, or even CAMAROS ect....if your not "allowed" to drive that fast lol

Old 08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL thats why they make Prozac. I don't think I could have got a good night speel after that.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

My concern with the blacked out covers is not the police; it's other drivers. I see them on cars and you can see the tailights, but they definitely are reduced visibility, and I fear someone not paying attention and not stopping in time if they can't see the rearend of your nice Camaro as easily!
That's the main reason I went to LED tailights, was so I'd get the attention of drivers when I hit the brakes!

Quick Reply: the scariest night ever