Reprodution Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Default Reprodution Parts

What do you think is the best site to buy reprodution parts that fit together the best?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear member

believe it or not...i got great goodmark fenders from summit racing. for a pretty good price. i also got most sheet metal from national parts depot and classic industries. what i did was try to stay away from imported sheet metal. the more american manufactured goods the better imo. but those three are all good. the usa made metal is only a little bit more expensive. but there is definatly a quality difference...go american

Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM

I get my sheetmetal parts from Classic Industries. Just did 2 door skins and the end result was very good. They told me these skins were imported, not USA made, but the metal thickness was right on and the fitment was perfect. Classic also says they test fit all their products to ensure they will fit correctly

Never buy from JC Witney. imported junk

Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear member

i have heard so many bad stories about jc whitney it isnt even funny but i got a trunk from harmons for my 63 chevy and it was a really good fit dippied in primer and was really easy to paint

Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM

I don't remember where I got my fender and tail light panel from. but what I can say is to ask to make sure it has all the brackets on them so that the panels can be welded together. mine didn't. the body guy was not happy and he didn't bother to tell me the panels were incomplete so i got a side that doesn't look quite right when you look close. hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

www.nationalpartsdepot.com and www.paddockparts.com are pretty good places to get parts from.when it comes to interior parts buy all of them from the same place because,lets say your doing the interior in carmine red,you start buying these parts from all over the place and when you get it ,its not going to match,one of them will be darker or lighter than the other,buy all the painted pieces from the same place and they will match pretty good.i bought everything from the same place except the dash and console and i had to paint them to match,it looks good now.if you have to paint pieces ,buy the same paint from the same place and buy plenty of it