Harwood Hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Harwood Hoods?

Does anyone have or have seen the pro-touring hoods on a 2nd Gen Camaro? I am looking into this hood for my 77:

http://www.eharwood.com/catalog/prod...?productID=484

I like the pro-touring look and want something different (than a cowl).

Any pictures of anyones set up would be great!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Overdrive Member

I belive Pablo has one on his. Kind of like a fourth gen SS hood.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 77nomad
I belive Pablo has one on his. Kind of like a fourth gen SS hood.
If he can post pictures that would be great.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Overdrive Member

Go to the members list and look him up. Pablo63. He has pics in his album.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

For what its worth, I own 2 Harwood cowl induction hoods for a 2nd gen. The first one I bought about 8 years ago. Its a 3 inch tapered hood with an unfinished underside. The finish on the top was excellent and it only needed a few tweaks to make the fit acceptable, but not perfect. The second one I bought last year, and it was finished on both sides. They had tried to fill and finish out an air pocket on the topside and had done an amateurish and crappy job. In addition, this hood is probably 25 lbs heavier than the first one, although a little of that can be attributed to the material needed for the extra clearance as it is a 4 inch non-tapered. I'm not real happy with the lack of concern they have shown for the customer in this one, lots of shipping scuffs from poor packaging, smaller mounting bolts, etc.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Osmiumfoot
For what its worth, I own 2 Harwood cowl induction hoods for a 2nd gen. The first one I bought about 8 years ago. Its a 3 inch tapered hood with an unfinished underside. The finish on the top was excellent and it only needed a few tweaks to make the fit acceptable, but not perfect. The second one I bought last year, and it was finished on both sides. They had tried to fill and finish out an air pocket on the topside and had done an amateurish and crappy job. In addition, this hood is probably 25 lbs heavier than the first one, although a little of that can be attributed to the material needed for the extra clearance as it is a 4 inch non-tapered. I'm not real happy with the lack of concern they have shown for the customer in this one, lots of shipping scuffs from poor packaging, smaller mounting bolts, etc.
Thanks for the info. I want to try and stay away from the cowl hood as much as possible.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Hi Dustin. I have one of these hoods as you've probably seen by now. I really am very happy with the look,fit and quality of the hood. My only complaints are with the packaging like Osmiumfoot stated earlier and the springs Harwood supplies. They are just not up to the task. As far as clearance goes I have about a 3/8's inch at the front of my air cleaner and over an inch at the rear. That's using a 3 inch Proform drop base on an Eddy air gap. Here's a link to an albumn.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p...arwood%20hood/

Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks Pablo63! I think I will go with the pro-touring hood as it looks good on your camaro. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

That's a sharp looking hood. Is the "ram air" feature actually functional?

Quick Reply: Harwood Hoods?