Got New Stuff "Twisted Wedge II"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Got New Stuff "Twisted Wedge II"

Hi all....

The big swap meat was yesterday. I scored big time got some parts I've been wanting for a few years.

For the Camaro I got a set of Trick Flow "Twisted Wedge II" 63cc Aluminum 2.02 heads. Fresh rebuild, springs set up for a .52, roller cam. They are ready to bolt on to the camaro. Also got a set of Hooser 26x10.5x15 Slicks.

Got a set of AFR 190 53cc, heads for new project. My 79, Shortbed, Stepside, C10. It has Tuneport Injection and a Megasquirt ECU. Just had it dynoed. Only 230hp on the stock 20k mile 350. That's about to change.

AFR Heads, Lunati 60103 cam, match springs, and roller rockers will be going on in a few days. Already has headers and a small stall. Gears next month.

Really wanted AFR's for the camaro, but I found the TrickFlow. Any one used a set of these heads? They are not the strange 23 degree heads. They are the Twisted Wedge II, normally made for Fords.

Paid $550 for the AFR's and $650 for the Trick Flow. No springs on the AFR's. Got both sets for less then I was going to pay for the AFR's New.

Still no posi for the Camaro.... Soon... Will be a few months before I get the heads installed on the Camaro. I am saving for a roller cam, roller lifters, and roller rockers.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Overdrive Member

The AFRs will out flow the trickflows. Funny you posted today I was gonna send you a pm about the louvers you bought. I found a can with some parts in it and some of it looks like it goes to them. I was gonna send them to you. Free don't worry.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:13 AM
2nd Gear member

I knew the afr's were better heads, I only found the one pair.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
I have taken a lot of pictures of the mounts for those louvers. I was going to fabricate them one of these days. I have looked at 5 or 6 other sets of louvers and none of them had the mounts. Seems like an easy thing to loose.

Do you need my address again?