Originally Posted by 77nomad
Wow didn't we just go over this?
no we didnt im new to this forum

Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by IrocRob86
no we didnt im new to this forum
Welcome aboard Rob, i think what Nomad was trying to say is maybe you should read the thread before posting but it's no biggie

Nice ride BTW, 5 speed?

Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
Welcome aboard Rob, i think what Nomad was trying to say is maybe you should read the thread before posting but it's no biggie

Nice ride BTW, 5 speed?
thank you and no its automatic but eventually im gunna put a 5speed in it

Old 06-19-2010, 09:01 AM
2nd Gear member

Im not sorry I quoted a fair price.
He asked what they are worth and I told him.

Sorry if you were trying to buy them for less, but I am not going to let someone convince him they are worth less then they are.

Those wheels with tires on them are worth $400. $450 if they are 10x15 on the back.
And more if they had better tires or slicks.

The wheels are $99 New from summit with a $13 dollar shipping fee. The tires are worth about $25 each, then another $10 for mount an balance.

He will sell them fast for $300. If I needed another set I would by them.

I thought we were in this forum to help other camaro owners. We are not here to screw the noobs so we can save a buck. If you interested in them shut up and give him a fair price.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by gfrench
Im not sorry I quoted a fair price.
He asked what they are worth and I told him.

Sorry if you were trying to buy them for less, but I am not going to let someone convince him they are worth less then they are.
Those wheels with tires on them are worth $400. $450 if they are 10x15 on the back.
And more if they had better tires or slicks.
The wheels are $99 New from summit with a $13 dollar shipping fee. The tires are worth about $25 each, then another $10 for mount an balance.
He will sell them fast for $300. If I needed another set I would by them.
I thought we were in this forum to help other camaro owners. We are not here to screw the noobs so we can save a buck. If you interested in them shut up and give him a fair price.
Your point is valid about helping each other, we do have a common interest.
However....try going to a swap meet with a good buddy of yours, and wait until he finds something he's interested in being sold by a Camaro guy. When he asks how much, butt in and say
"that part is worth at least...$xx". After all, you don't want to see that fellow Camaro guy get screwed do you. Then see who gets a swift kick in the nuts.
Nobody was trying to screw anybody, just possibly get a good deal. With used parts normally selling at an avearge of half as new, $300 is fair (not 400-450) considering the tires are so-so.

Last edited by Camaro 69; 06-19-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 AM
2nd Gear member

Your not at a swap meet and your friend didn't ask how much to buy the wheels.
In this situation your friend ask you how much the wheels were worth and you gave him a low ball because you wanted them. How long until your friend finds out what they were worth and you loose a friend.

This post was not in the classified.
No one asked to buy them.
Are friend asked what they were worth.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Yes we are, a virtual one. And go back from the beginning and read it all over again.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by gambit
these wheels came of my 71 camaro. want to post them on craigslist, but not sure of they worth anything. anyone has any idea?
He simple asked what they were worth, I gave him a simple answer.
Sorry, but we are not going to agree on this.

If he had said "I want to sell these will you give me $50"
I wouldn't have said a word. He didn't he asked what they are worth.
I don't want to see him list them on Craigslist for $50 when they are worth more.

If the swap meet guy called me before telling your friend what he wanted for the wheels I would have told him the truth. Then again if your friend called me after being quoted a price I would have told him the truth.

I am in this forum to get truthful answers and to give truthful answers.

If you want to screw someone do it in a PM. I like you and I am sorry we feel differently but I am going to be truthful and I will not help anyone take advantage of anyone else. I gave him a fair value.

And the wheels will bring close to $200 at a recycling center.

Last edited by gfrench; 06-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

First of all, I already said nobody was trying to screw anybody. I'd appreciate it if you stop implying that. The simple fact is those aren't worth $400 to anybody, unless someone wants them just as they are. More times than not, having tires on wheels is a detriment since I would have to also pay to have them dismounted to put my own tires on the wheels. And in a way, he was putting "feelers" for a buyer out here whether you or he realizes it or not. It's a moot point by now with me, since it's a local sale in Cali. (info we weren't privileged to before).
Heh, heh...wise guy: https://camaroforums.com/forum/showt...d=1#post432935

Last edited by Camaro 69; 06-19-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 AM
2nd Gear member

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were going to screw him. That was unfair.
Also if we all new you were local I probably wouldn't have said anything. Area can greatly change the price.

I agree that having tires is not always good to all sellers. However it will always help them sell. A kid or pawn shop will pay more for any wheel with tires. I buy and sell a decent amount of wheels.

I will not jump in and quote a price if it looks like there is a sell going on. Sorry if I stepped on your toes. Hope your not to upset with me. But I stand by my feelings that he asked a group he trusted to tell him what they were worth. If he said the same thing in front of a car club or a group of friends, I hope a few of them would give him an honest answer.

Quick Reply: do these wheels worth anything?