New 2nd Gen Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Default New 2nd Gen Project Car

hey guys, i'm new to the forums. well i'm just starting to get the ball rolling on my project which is a 76 camaro.the storyon the car... it was my mom's back in high school and it came with the 6 cyl in it and when she met my dad, (had an impala ss) he was looking for a truck but lovedhis impala... mom was also looking for a new car at the time (by this time she was starting college so yeah). so dad got a new truck and pulled the 350 sb out of the impala and put it in my mom's camaro when she got a new car. fast forward to when i first remember the car, i was 4 yrs old (i'm 19 now) and dad cranked it up and me and him cruised to town in it to get some food. got home, parked the car and it's kinda been forgotten about ever since... i've always wanted to rebuild the car and drive it but never really had the funds to do so... well here recently i finally convinced my mom to let me have the car and start fixing it up...
my plans for the car... well i've already bought a 454 bb w/ a turbo 350 and i'm going to build it, put a supercharger on it and cram it in the car... that'll be done last though considering the 350 sb that's in it now is still in great shape and runs good (surprisingly) and there's other parts of the car that need to be addressed first... the right fender is starting to rust out along the bottom where it meets the passenger door and the left quarter panel is rusted real bad along the windsheild and bottom where it meets the door... that's basically all the bodywork the car needs... it doesn't have any dings or dents in it, it just needs normal sanding and prep work and fresh paint. i've already bought a new fender and quarter panel for the car... the interior needs the front seats recovered, headliner, carpet in the front, rear dash panel needs redone, new steering wheel,and a new pad for the console in the middle... it also needs all new weather stripping, glass all the way around,andaparently a new ignition/ lock set considering nobody can find the key to the car... i've ordered the new complete lock set and a new set of cragar prostars w/ 15x4.5's and 15x11's...
the car will go inthe paint shop as soon as i get the wheels and tires in and the lock set gets here and i get it put in so i can drive it to the body shop... then it'll get the interior items done, and then i'll start working on my blownbig block. i'll post pictures tomorrow when i can... sorry for such a long post but i'm really excited about finally being able to work on this car and get it looking (and running) good.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 AM
BackseatBob
Default RE: New 2nd Gen Project Car

Sounds like a fun project! I want a ride when you're done![8D]