Anybody with info

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Default Anybody with info

Hey guys, My name is Brian and I am new to the Camaro world. I inherited a Original 1973 Z28 from my father when he passed away. I was looking to put a new exhaust on the car and it needs tires as well as classic insurance. The car has been sitting in a garage covered since my father passed in 1991. Can yall help me out with what would look and sound good? I could also you some general tips on any thing yall think that I need to do….. like I said I am just getting into the car world.

Name:  gix.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  68.2 KB
Name:  gix1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  97.4 KB

Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Anybody with info

nice car, for tires go with the bf goodwrich Radial T/A they are mdern, but have a muscle look. I have found Hagarty to be the best classic insurance. get the motor looked at by a pro and see if any seals, gaskets, or hoses need to be replaced, then have fun with the car. performance was down n 73, but you still have a fun, good looking car

Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
May 2007 ROTM

Yeah the car is awsome, how old are you, and how new to cars are you. There are tons of things that can be done to it. So we'll need to know a little about yourself to help you out with the car.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 PM

I am 28, and very new to working on cars.....about as new as you can get

Old 08-03-2007, 08:52 PM
May 2007 ROTM

so what do you see when you look at the car...a hot rod, muscle car, race car...You have a good starting point. Do you want to keep it stock or have fun with it?

Old 08-03-2007, 08:56 PM

that car is amazing!!
what kind of rims are those??

good luck with the car!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:53 PM

I am thinking of keeping it the way my father had it. I would like to have it in some shows.... for all original. I am thinking of putting a new exhaust on it....to get some sound. Some say put some headers on it, some say dont... Im just not sure.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: TrashyCamaro

that car is amazing!!
what kind of rims are those??

good luck with the car!
the rims are stock z28 rims for 70-73 and there were some that look almost identical on chevelles and later second gen camaros

Old 08-09-2007, 12:57 AM
October 2007 ROTM

Nice car.... When I got mine it looked almost like yours, the first thing I did was upgrade the carb to a 750holly. and added a 4' Cowl to the hood. How the interior? mine was as bad as it could get. I had to replace the carpet, seats shifer, dash and believe it or not the freaking Steering wheel..... For what I can see your was well kept. The first thing will be to insure it and garage it...

Nice car..

Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: jonjon

Nice car.... When I got mine it looked almost like yours, the first thing I did was upgrade the carb to a 750holly. and added a 4' Cowl to the hood. How the interior? mine was as bad as it could get. I had to replace the carpet, seats shifer, dash and believe it or not the freaking Steering wheel..... For what I can see your was well kept. The first thing will be to insure it and garage it...

Nice car..
The interior is great except for the panels on the door and behind the seat. I just posted asking what caused the marks, and if there is something that will remove them. I also asked for a good OEM parts dealer.

Quick Reply: Anybody with info