ac or no ac ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Question ac or no ac ?!?

so i have a 1980 z28 and the guy i bought it from a while back tore out all the ac and heater components in and out of the car. i live in Texas and it gets pretty hot during the summer! and it would be nice during the winter not to freeze to death.

but how much trouble would it be to try to put everything back in the car? i found a camaro junk yard that has my car with all the ac/heater stuff. and the guy said he would sell me everything if i took it out myself for like 200$.

also i know there is complete ac kit for camaros up to 78 is there any way to modify those to fit in my 80 camaro?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:52 PM

oh yeah my camaro also has t-tops so i guess i really dont nneeedddd ac but if its not too much trouble i wouldnt mind trying to put it back in.

i just want to see what other people think before i make any decisions about what im doing.

the guy i got it from has a peice of metal with some ribbits in it and it look really ugly so if i do decide to keep it with out ac/heater what could i do to make it look better?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:57 PM

i just took the ac out of my 79 wasnt hard. Not sure what all was taken from your car but ive just taken out the big box that goes under the dash. Hope thats what you're talking about.

Couple bolts to take out and well as disconnecting the hoses from the back of it.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:04 PM

everything pretty much, vents, inside/outside box, lines, etc. only thing left is the control and im not even sure if it works ha

Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM

not sure about the outside box? but the big black one under the dash by the passenger and it goes all the way to the middle between the driver and passenger and vents was easy enough. Not sure how much they're worth and such so i cant tell ya if 200 is worth it but if it is id say go for it. itll be a learning experience and you wont be driving an ice box in the winter or sweating ur butt off in the summer.