383 vortec carb CFM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 77nomad
I'm sorry that is the worst exhaust I have ever seen. Not only would I not pay for it, I would be contemplating kicking the crap out of the installer. I love my exhaust shop even more now. Been going there for over 12 yrs and know the number by heart.

It looks like the rear end is gonna hit the over the axle pipes. I would get the kit Vall has immediately. Then have them pull it all off and give me my money back plus a $20 stupid tax.

ouch....

well i know my side will clear the axle. and i won't be doing mine like this for sure

Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Overdrive Member

I apologize if I offended you. I wasn't trying to insult you for the sake of insulting you. I was also a bit confused as to weather this is your car or your work. I will excuse you for lack of knowledge and first time. Sorry again, I hope were cool.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

we're cool, i love to learn and this is one of those experiences.

now i know about the muffler location thing and i won't be accepting as much "input" from the peanut gallery next time...

i think aside from the muffler location the entire section from axle to header looks pretty clean but i wasn't really happy with the over the axle and tail pipe from the get go.

i could tell they just wanted the thing out out of there, which was a little irritating because i like to work on everything like its my own and i wasnt happy with it yet...

i appreciate the criticism/verbal assault though.

i wont be running tail pipes like that again for sure on ANYTHING. looks tacky.

i almost want to tell the guy that i'll fix it for him but i couldnt do it at the shop on shop time and from what i hear he just buys cars to fix and sell anyways.

he bought this, drove it straight here, then its going to the body shop, bumble bee paint job, then wheels and tires, and then he'll probably sell it.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i don't really want to turn this into my build/input thread but has anyone done any custom front facia on a 74-77?

i dont want to put my giant bumper back on front but i don't want it to look like a pre 74 either. i want unique

and if possible could i get a picture of how 71/427's pipes go around the sway bar links?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I just put on 2.5 inch from summit and its the same as Val's. Very happy with it. When I got my camaro the exhaust had the mufflers where yours are at and working on the trans was a pain.
Name:  DSC00681.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  42.4 KB

Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thats not too low to the ground?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
March 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haven't had a problem and I live in the country.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
2nd Gear member

Wingnut, I was thinking aAbout it for my 76.. (bumper delete) look up new build thread in the project section. 77 nomad put up some pice of a car that has it done. I'm still on the fence with it.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Wing Nut OOA
and if possible could i get a picture of how 71/427's pipes go around the sway bar links?
Sorry, I don't have a picture of how they go around the swaybar links, but I did have to drop the links to fit the tailpipes, then rehang them. They go in front of the links and as the pipe goes over the axle, it also heads outboard of the spring. This transistion makes it easier to clear the swaybar drops, and position it in the void between inner rear 1/4 panel drop and the spring.
Summit sells the same kit in a 3", so I'm sure it will fit 3" also. The 3" kit is the same price, but doesn't come with mufflers.
My car is in "storage mode" for the winter, or I'd pull it out and take a picture for you.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Overdrive Member

I've seen cars with the mufflers hanging low. Most aren't any lower than the pumpkin though.

Quick Reply: 383 vortec carb CFM?