2nd gens

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 2nd gens

yeah, nice cars, all of you i love the second gen love around here. I got mine for like 2500 but it needed gobs of work, my uncle that owns the body shop i work at now taught me to do body on mi9ne. id work on it then he touched up my rough spots, now the body is almost perfect, but love seein all you guys into these cars

Old 07-20-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Mines almost done for body work...

I need a new hood (Gunna get a 4 inch cowl) New Poly-Euro Nose, and weathstrips/Window Molding.

All that is like 1000 + A paint job. Should look pretty sharp when im done..

Probably gunna change the paint to a really dark blue with white racing stripes. Need to work on the interior after that.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, my plans with the camaro would be take off the vinyl, sand the hell out of it primer it just to protect the metal have it painted get a spoiler a small cowl hook throw on golden yellow and black stripes. (sound familiar?) then probably just go as i roll. Weather stripping, small stuff. Have to check this one out before i know if it will work. Ill prbably end up beefing it up and then selling it in a couple years for more than i bought it and buy a later model like a 98+ or so when i can afford something like that.

[/align]

Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 PM
4th Gear Member

GOD DANG IT.... [:@]They sold that camaro.. now i gotta go friggin find another one...

[/align]

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

That is el lame my friend.

I'll scowl the boeing classifieds for you.

Camaro RS 1992 3.1 liter v-6,
WA - Puget Sound
7/16/2007

1992 Camaro RS 3.1 V-6 24 miles to the gallon.Blue with T-Tops, Alumimum mags good tires, automatic trans. New wires,cap, rotor,plugs,new alternator, new starter, new fuel filter. New battery, new air filter. Runs really good. Could use a paint job.

First one i found, there was an 89 for 3500 as well.

I know they aren't the year you're looking for, but im throwing them out there.

There were a couple others in there, nothing worth mentioning though, Out of your price range (2000 right)

They were all Mid 90's though.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah, mines a work in progress, recieved the m22 i am puttin in it today, an i was drivin home from work an lost a lifter, so now i gotta pull the intake an replace that, an i am also buildin a new rear with 4.10s, but my cosmetics are done save a front spoiler an some underhood dressup when i eventually get enough money to build a new motor

Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Once i do those few cosmetic things, i'm going to put probably a thousand into the interior (Small things, center console, Some kick panels)

Im going to rebuild the rear with 3.73 get a 454+Big block (Thus the 4 inch cowl) New tranny (Gunna swap to a manual) Probably get new exhaust while im at it as well.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah... im looking for a 74-77ish... ill just keep scanning craigslist... lol

[/align]

Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear member

nice man, how is your interior, mine was a nice form of plastic dust when i got mine, it was sandalwood an i switched it to black since almost all of it had to be swapped anyway

Old 07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Almost all of it is in good shape.

The guage cluster is not the original, so im not too troubled by replacing it (Has a couple cracks).

Dash is all in good, need a glovebox

The centerconsole looks like it got sat on at one point by someone (Road sex?) So i need to replace the lid. Im not gunna worry about the console shift as i plan on switching it to the manual in the not too distant future. Also need a stereo and a new aftermarket Guage cluster (Oil temp/pressure/boost.. eventually) as the one that is there is kind of tacky.

I need to trim the headliner (Its new but the guys who put it in didn't tack it up or something) I need a couple kick panels and need to tidy up some wiring. All in all its really nice. I'll take a picture tommorow and post it.

I found out the hood was almost half bondo the other day, thats why i want to replace it. (I slammed it really hard cause i was mad at my GF) and a little chunk flew off and it got a nice crack about a footlongeminating the chip.

So im gunna get about 2g's saved up and do it all at once, cause i don't want to be driving around a multi-colored beast.

Can't decide between the 2/4/6 inch cowl hood though =( Northwest part depot has a cowl hood, doesn't specify the size of the cowl though. I've found a 2.5 and 6 on ebay that are both nice (And steel ) But i think 4 is a nice size... Man i rant alot eh?

Quick Reply: 2nd gens