Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   67-69 Wheels, Tires and Exterior (https://camaroforums.com/forum/67-69-wheels-tires-exterior-124/)
-   -   Paint and Body (https://camaroforums.com/forum/67-69-wheels-tires-exterior-124/paint-body-74821/)

Jim-Bob 07-10-2013 07:18 PM

Paint and Body

I don't find a Paint & Body Section on this forum..Is this where all the Paint and Body discussions are supposed to be?..or..am I overlooking it?

Camaro 69 07-10-2013 11:07 PM

Yes, "Exterior"...this is where body and paint discussions go.

Jim-Bob 07-11-2013 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69 (Post 674960)
Yes, "Exterior"...this is where body and paint discussions go.

Hmm..It seems odd that no one discusses paint/body work on here..anyhow I'm looking for folks with the DX-1 hood stripe hoping to get some measurements..can't seem to find it in the AIM or CRG..

bruce69camaro 07-11-2013 07:30 AM

Quick question, if you are looking to add this stripe to your car, check out this guy and what he has to offer: Car Stripe Kits items in DR Decals store on eBay!

I got a custom hockey style stripe kit for my car and I've gotten nothing buyt compliments on it. His kits are very nice.

Jim-Bob 07-11-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro (Post 674968)
Quick question, if you are looking to add this stripe to your car, check out this guy and what he has to offer: Car Stripe Kits items in DR Decals store on eBay!

I got a custom hockey style stripe kit for my car and I've gotten nothing buyt compliments on it. His kits are very nice.

..thanks Bruce but I'd prefer paint if I can find some measurements..I still can't get over no one discussing all kind of body and paint issues on here like I see on other forums..just saying :icon_deadhorse:

Camaro 69 07-11-2013 07:39 PM

I think most guys discussing paint and body are mainly doing it in their build threads.
That, or just posting it in the general section.
I don't know that it's quite clear to everybody that "exterior" includes body/paint! But, that is where it's kept.

bruce69camaro 07-12-2013 04:58 AM

JB,

Here is a throght, there is a "Ask GM" section, maybe since there dimensions are so hard to find, they might be able to be of some help?

Camaro 69 07-12-2013 08:04 AM

The "Ask GM" section is aimed at warranty questions, or other questions not able to be answered in the general forum.
Basically, it's geared toward the newer models, and it's not a restoration tech section. You won't get your answer there.
Do you have an assembly manual? I don't for my 69, but do for my old Vettes. Those have all dimensions as to where every nut, bolt, hole, and sticker goes. Might want to check into that.

6t9sscamaro 08-14-2013 05:48 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the specs are in the build manual. Been a while since I've looked. Anyone have one handy to know for sure?

Oldracer 09-18-2013 05:59 PM

I relate to this discussion. As I watch collector car auctions, it is frustrating to see a car that has been nut and bolt restored, only to get the stripes so blatantly wrong that it makes it look like a back-yard job. There are plenty of places with stencils, plenty of documentation on the Internet, yet this seems to be a recurring theme.