69 Camaro Z28 value

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Default 69 Camaro Z28 value

Guys, I'm new to the forum, need some help with a car I have found. I turn 40 this year and have always wanted a car from the year I was born to restore. Have come across a 1969 Z28 X77 with matching 302 motor. The car has been in primer for some time, so the car is 60 covered with surface rust, but no holes. The interior is there but rough, it has a 4 speed tranny, and has the original wheels. The motor is not in the car, but he did show it to me. The glass is all good and the floors and trunk pan look good. The guy wants $12,500 for it. I know price is all relative to what buyer is willing to pay, and what seller is willing to ask. Is this reasonable, too high, a good deal, etc.

Any input would beappreciated.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: 69 Camaro Z28 value

Tough call without seeing the car in person,any bondo in the body?
Is the motor a runner or a rebuilder?
Has it still got the 12 bolt posi rear?
Is the 302 original to that car as in a numbers matching car and motor?
What options? some had a dual quad intake and 4 wheel disc brakes,rare as hell but if that car is one you better jump on it lol.
A mint '69 Z28 can fetch triple digits,a nice driver can be worth $25K to $50K easy.

A trader online search netted cars with asking prices from $31,900 to $240,000 and a bunch with no price listed either going to auction or contact seller for more info.
So $12K for a decent restorable basket case isn't that bad I guess.

http://classiccars.com/Classifieds/S...odelValue=1192