What do you think of this product?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Default What do you think of this product?

Hi everybody, my name is Chris Nelson and I'm the owner of Top Line Group automotive. I'm not here to spam you, but to get an idea if you think our new product idea would be a good one.

One of the guys we have has a '69 Camaro and we custom built a rear deck panel that already has the cutouts for two 6x9 speakers and then covered in speaker cloth and carpet.

Of course you can simply cut out your OEM rear deck panel, but this allows for a more sleek look and allows you to keep your original piece in tact.

The benefit of using this part we are considering manufacturing is when you have 6x9 speakers mounted in the rear deck, our part has openings in it so your sound is not muffled, and the entire set looks more sleek and discreet.

The cost of the part will be around the $110 - $150 range, but we're not sure because we've only done a couple of these, never mass produced before.
This piece will completely replace your stock rear deck and have all of the original provisions that you OEM deck has including the leather flap to cover the gap between the deck and seat.

And finally, if your rear deck is missing, broken or damaged, our reproduction is the perfect fit to make your car look original again.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.
-Chris Nelson

Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 AM

I wish I had better pictures of the product, but the car is put away for the winter up here. This is all that I have right now:

This is a picture of the rear deck before we fixed it with our new piece:

As you can see they had to mutilate the rear deck to mount speakers, and it looked bad. Our new product conceals the aftermarket speaker setup.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 PM

Another question we're wondering about is if anyone knows whether or not the rear deck panel from a '69 can fit any other year Camaros.

Thanks for the advice and input!