What brand parts to use

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Default What brand parts to use

Hi all,

Nice forum you have here. I have owned a 69 Camaro for about 20 years now. Use to be my daily driver. Big block 4sp car.(not original) I took it all apart about 15 years ago and did all the body work, prime/block and prime again. And that's how its been sitting since. In primer, in the garage. I got side track with other car projects, got heavily involved in air cooled vw's. Yes, a Bug (11.98 street car). Got into drag racing that, and other drag cars (sand drags) while the Camaro was left neglected. Well I was just given, yes I said given a perfectly fine and running 375hp 396. just missing the OE carb. (has some BG carb on it now) Being given this engine has sparked an interest in getting my car fished.

So, my question is, What is a good parts company , that sells quality, good fitting pieces. I want to get all my weather strips, seals, carpet, interior pieces, any chrome trim now, before it gets painted so I can start putting it back together after it's painted, so it doesn't sit in the garage painted for god knows how long cause I don't have the parts to put it back together. I know that OE stuff is the best, but I don't have that kind of money. I am going to have to but aftermarket stuff. Who makes the best stuff?

Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

I used National Parts Depot (NPD) for most of my 68. most parts houses will carry the same stuff. there is also YearOne and Rick's Camaros. I'm about to try Ricks Camaros for my next order because they have a few things NPD didn't so ill see how I like their customer service.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I cant say about the others but I have been using Classic Industries for alot of my 68 parts.