Well..you see it went like this..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Smile Well..you see it went like this..

Somewhat of a newbe here, I have just jumped in with both feet.
Well.. you see it went like this, there was this 69 Z28 on the "bay" and it had undergone the rotissorie rest. "every nut and bolt" according to the listing. New Tuxedo black paint, and to top it off it has a correct dated motor(not original), built to the tune of $10K. Balanced with lightened pistons etc. Anyone see this car? Well, I placed what was in my mind a reduciously low bid, never expecting to get the car. I woke up monday morning to find that I had won! I will post some photos tonight(if I can figure out how). I am so excited. Always wanted a real Z28. 'Class of 67' Jimbo

Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear member

Not to be a party pooper, but I hope this pans out for you. My wife has a girlfriend that just got taken for 6,000 on ebay for a car. Lot's of scammers out there.

Let us know when you actually have the car in your garage!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM
jno
In the Staging Lanes

I checked Ebay and there was only one completed listing last week for a black Z28 and it went for almost $38K. Sounds real to me.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear member

Well, for his sake I hope it's the real deal!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Yea, thats the one. Well it went like this....I hopped in my Z71 at noon 30 on friday and headed to Chattanooga, Tn. I arrived at noon30 on Sat. picked up the uhaul carrier and met with the seller. Very nice, hated to see the car go. Loaded the car and headed home. Arrived home safe Sun. nine30, and now the car is in the garage..
One thing I found out was the genuine hospitality of southern folks...I think sometimes we yanks up here could take a lesson on that one.
Anyway, LOVE the car. What is the best way and the best solution to use to clean this georgeous black paint?? It is new. Best, Jimbo

Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 AM
jno
In the Staging Lanes

Congrats! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? I ran into the same hospitality when I picked up a Camaro in Ohio. Being from the East Coast, I have learned to always assume the worst in people, and hope for the best.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Nice to hear it worked out for you. Now post some pics when you get a chance.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 AM
2nd Gear member

Glad you were able to get it home! Great to hear! Post us some pictures!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I recommend you used zaino polish and other products for your car. Very, very good products. Look up zaino brothers.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Smile on the road....

Well it went like this..The steering box seems to have a leak in the internal seal that is above the pitman arm. So before I drive it, I am going to remove it and rebuild it.
Started to take it out..gettin late. love working on these cars, gets me out of the house and away from the electronic devices.
I will post some photos. Is there a site here to download some? Any advice on posting photos or removing/rebuilding steering boxes would be super.
Be ZEEIN' Ya, Jimbo