Value of this 67 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Ya that owner is not sure of anything.

"1980 from my understanding, painted oroginal color. Mileage is believed to be original"

That statement is a "huge get out of jail free card". You can not hold him to anything. Why would he say that when the original colors are posted right on the Cowl tag? The main reason an original survivor is worth so much more then a older restoration is because you have NO idea how the body work was done and what did they cover up. In 1980 a 67 RS was worth what $2500 tops? That is surely not a high end paint job unless she was serious loved car and most likely not the correct shade. Back in the early 80s color matching exact across paint manufactures was not anything like it is today.

There is no way a 1980 paint job would meet todays standards for a show car. That means selling it to a show car person is out. Original paint is best on a show car but a show grade repaint is 10k+. Not being show quality hurts the value even if you are not planning on showing it. That is a 18K car in my area AFTER it was put on a hoist and inspected by someone that knows what to look for. Anything funny going on underneath she would fall to 15K real fast.

Last edited by Gorn; 12-15-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:53 PM

being the person selling car is new and only put one picture I would be very careful..
!!!! go look in person or pay to have a inspection done!!!!!!
the cost of a plane ticket or paying for inspection is worth blowing before you drop 24k

what I may think is clean and nice and to what the next person thinks is clean and nice can be way off from each other..

I bought a 68 Camaro over 2000miles away from me.. just do your homework on person selling get all there info look them up.. anyone that is legit will give you all info if they have nothing to hide..