Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   67-69 General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/67-69-general-43/)
-   -   Time for a change !!!goodbye old friend (https://camaroforums.com/forum/67-69-general-43/time-change-goodbye-old-friend-63307/)

JG69 07-14-2011 02:52 PM

Time for a change !!!goodbye old friend

2 Attachment(s)
Here's an interesting and true story of what happened to me last week.

I drove a few hours north to look at a 69 Camaro SS. I was told it was a former show car and had to check it out. I arrived and pleasantly found that everything the guy said it was true. A beautiful and stunning car. I told him that I would take it. I explained to him that I needed 1 week to sell my car. He said that I was the only one who ever came up to see it. He also said that a guy from another state was planning on coming up the following weekend to see it. I put my car on Ebay and sold it. I got what I needed for it and called him to say I am coming up to get it. He said the other guy still hasn't seen it and was coming in a few days. He said he wanted the other guy to have a chance at it before he would let it go. Guess what happens next ???? He buys it and I'm out a car. Anyway, now I'm looking at another car this weekend and it looks promising. I'm bringing cash and a trailor this time. Wish me luck. If I get it I will post pictures.

Goodbye old friend.
Attachment 25236
Attachment 25237

Camaro 69 07-14-2011 03:23 PM

Well that sucks, sure hope the next one pans out. Your 67 was a sweet looking car though.
At least you're in a better bargaining position now....cash in hand!

1971BB427 07-14-2011 10:47 PM

Well that's a crock. I thought you were gonna say he sold it before you got back there. Can't believe he held the car for someone who had never seen it, when you had cash and were ready to buy.

camaroboy68ss 07-14-2011 10:55 PM

that sucks but 69s right your in a better position for buying. because as AC/DC puts it "money talks". :)

JG69 07-17-2011 07:38 AM

I just got back from Rhode Island. Drove 2 hours and 20 minutes with a uhaul trailor that I rented. I was going to pick up a totally restored 69 SS big block. What a P.O.S !!! What a waist of time and some pocket money. Lots of cars for sale, not a lot of honest people though. I was very specific with my questions and told this guy how picky I was. Oh well, the hunt still continues.

Camaro 69 07-17-2011 09:46 AM

It's amazing isn't it, how other people see their car as "perfect". They don't know the meaning of the word. Yours is out there....somewhere.

thefley 07-25-2011 07:30 AM

I have been doing a lot of driving myself just to find out everyone has been a liar so far. Drove over 250 miles down to see one, the guy said only rust was the size of a gulf ball in the trunk. F'n liar. The whole bottom of car was rusted though. Shocks pushed through trunk, gas tank straps only had one that's wasn't rusted through all the was and holding tank up. Frame was so rusted through that you could see right through it. About same thing with all others I have went to see.

Originally Posted by JG69 (Post 552699)
I just got back from Rhode Island. Drove 2 hours and 20 minutes with a uhaul trailor that I rented. I was going to pick up a totally restored 69 SS big block. What a P.O.S !!! What a waist of time and some pocket money. Lots of cars for sale, not a lot of honest people though. I was very specific with my questions and told this guy how picky I was. Oh well, the hunt still continues.

fwbsupermoto 07-30-2011 09:51 PM

I am sorry to hear that. It has been awhile since I have been screwed like that. Been lucky lately, I guess. Good luck.

tazinhawaii 07-31-2011 10:10 AM

Hey, just put mine on e-bay. We'll see what happens, but not sure what you are looking for. Mine too is a multiple show winner...

Derrick

Camaro 69 07-31-2011 10:20 AM

^ You're what? Oh man, you're going to take such a huge loss, that just sucks.