Roof Panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Roof Panel

i used a grinder just on the spot welds and then used the air chisel to get it off. no i dont have the quarters yet. thats going to be next i want to get the roof on so i can get a windshield in, since the car hasnt had one for about 12 years. i am going to just do the full face quarter and put them on below the belt line.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear Member

I have to laugh now after reading you original post. you made it sound like you were totally blind going into this, now you say you did have some schooling in the trade and you seem to have the proper tools. big difference than most

good job

Old 09-19-2007, 11:14 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Wow great work. Looks like what we would have to do but that's ok...I will let the prof handle it

Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM

i went to school for a year but i did mostly painting. I can do minor body repair but i have never done anything this big. As far as the tools i bought them when i got out of school and my dad is also a professonal mechanic, so i have tools at my desposial. My dad has never done anything like this either, he came over on night to see the progess and he got the torch out and started melting the led away after we had thought about it for a while. next thing i know the old roof was off and we were preping for the new roof to go on. this is my first time doing something this intense. i am thinking of getting full rear quarter panels, and since the roof welds on over top i have not got a chance to fully attach new roof yet. i will have more pictures when we get the roof on or the quarter.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 69camaro400

for 200 buck for the skin i couldnt go wrong. there is only one way to learn and thats to just do it
Where did you get the skin from?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Congradulations,, I'd rather do a roof skin than a door skin any day.. lol..
Remember that the quarters slide under the roof though so dont' attach the roof to securely.. I'd suggest to drill your holes for your spot welds in the front and back and then drill 1/8" holes and run some screws in to hold in place until you get your quarters fitted,, then weld it on,, remove the screws and then weld up those holes..

Old 09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AutoRodTechnologies

Remember that the quarters slide under the roof though so dont' attach the roof to securely.. I'd suggest to drill your holes for your spot welds in the front and back and then drill 1/8" holes and run some screws in to hold in place until you get your quarters fitted,, then weld it on,, remove the screws and then weld up those holes..
info like that is why it is good to log onto forums. kudos to you!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:04 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: 1969 SS

ORIGINAL: AutoRodTechnologies

info like that is why it is good to log onto forums. kudos to you!

X2.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well maybe I am good for something after all.. [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM

thanks for the info, i havent welded it on yet cause i am still trying to save for the quarter. My birthday is right around the corner so i should be able to get one. i bought the roof skin off of a guy at a swap meet he sells good mark parts West Coast Classic, INC his name is dave 352-279-0121 he is out of brooksville, fl

Quick Reply: Roof Panel