please help me find my 1968 camaro white with blue stripes

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Default please help me find my 1968 camaro white with blue stripes

Please help me find my 1968 r/s camaro white with blue stripes 396 4 speed. It had a 8 track on the console I sold the Car back in 1992-1993.The Guy that Bought the car was in the Military I think He was staying in Charlotte north Carolina. The car was sold out of Marietta Georgia. I had to sell the car to help out my family I would love to find this car my mom bought me this car back when I was in High School. I do not have the VIN or tag all I have are some pictures of the car. If you would like to see the pictures you can email me at. owens-shannon@comcast.net are my cell is 770-366-2475 Thanks Shannon

Last edited by shannon; 12-03-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Sorry I did not put where The car was sold
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I Like to Party

It would help if you put what area your in and what area you sold it, welcome to the forums!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Thanks Shannon

Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Does anyone know how to find a car with out a VIN number or tag. I sold the car with a bill of sale. but now I can not find any of the paper work. Thanks Shannon

Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Shannon hate to smash your hopes but it is almost impossible to find a car when you have the Vin due to newer privacy law. If you rememebr the guy who owned Papa Johns tracked down his lost Camaro but it cost him well over a 1/4 million dollars. If you do not have the original Vin how could you be sure it was the same car? There is a very good chance the car has gone thru face lifts. It could easly been 3 different colors and have two different engines since you got rid of it. You best better would be to find a like car, Sorry

Papa John's founder finds his beloved 1971 Camaro - USATODAY.com

Edit
I know you said it was Bill of sale, I assume you mean you sold it BOS. Was the title ever in your or your moms name? I think most States will let you inquire the history of cars you owned and the title may still be in your name.
The down side of selling it without the title there is a good chance the car was gutted and converted to a race car or used as a parts car to restore an original SS big block car.

Last edited by Gorn; 12-06-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I Like to Party

^Or that Chevy commercial when that older gentleman had to sell his 71' Chevelle SS 15 years ago and his son found it for him, gotta wonder what he had to go through (It was a true story I believe)

Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I am not sure when that was but back in the 90's you could just ask your State for a Vin history and that would include request from other states for the title. Now only a police officer doing an investigation can do this and then he is only suppose to release the info based on the case at hand.

If you have the Vin number and the name of the person you sold it too you can track down the person and see what he did with the car. It sounds like that is what Papa John’s guy did giving all the pervious owns 25K to track down the guy they sold it too. Most of the time when a old car and pervious owner get reunited these days it’s the person that owns the car looking to establish a chain of owners to increase the value or prove the authenticity of a rare car. It’s easier to go backwards then forward.

Selling to a military guy the car could be anywhere. Many of these cars went overseas with military owners never to return because of the oversea value. These cars would not need a title. She could get needle in a haystack lucky but she is going to need to post pics and hope there is something in that pic that stands out. Without the Vin there could 2500 Camaros in the US with that paint job. Plus if she finds it and it’s a guy like me who has owned it for 20 years it is going to take twice market value to pry it out of his hands. 40-50K?

Last edited by Gorn; 12-06-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by iLL95
^Or that Chevy commercial when that older gentleman had to sell his 71' Chevelle SS 15 years ago and his son found it for him, gotta wonder what he had to go through (It was a true story I believe)
Haven't seen that one! Saw the one where the guy sold his '65 Impala SS 396, and his sons found it and bought it back for him.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Haven't seen that one! Saw the one where the guy sold his '65 Impala SS 396, and his sons found it and bought it back for him.
I think that's the one I was meaning to get at, couldnt remember the year (new it was around the 60's) or whether it was an Impala or Chevelle, that commercial about made me tear up

Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

All you can do is put feelers out to every car buff you know, and keep an eye on the classifieds, craigslist, and ebay with the off chance that it's still around and goes up for sale. Back in the 80's, I had an old Vette I was restoring, and sent to the Secretary of State's office for a title history. I got back copies of previous titles and owners, but not back to day one. They had a cut off of a certain number of years they'd go back, 10 I believe it was. Now, with the privacy act, you can't get squat for information. Good luck with your quest. If you find a trick, let me know. I'd sure like to find my old 69 Camaro convert. that I had back in high school, but didn't save any VIN info. All I have are the old license plates from 1982.

Quick Reply: please help me find my 1968 camaro white with blue stripes