Opinions on an eBay L35

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Opinions on an eBay L35

Has anyone seen this L35 on Fleabay recently? Reading the COWL info, it looks to be a factory SS 396 w/ RS package. I recently got into a nice 68 327 and would really love to own a 67 as well... preferably a factory SS/RS. Talking to the owner it looks like he dumped the BB 396 and replaced it with a SB 350. The entire drive train is not original. But at $21K that still has to be a good deal right? Original color was Madeira Maroon with black vinyl top...obviously that was redone....opinions?

Chevrolet : Camaro rs/ss in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Looks to be a nice Camaro even without the BB. but its not $21k... thats just where it happens to be right now. with 28 bids already and 2 days still to go I would imagine it will go quite a bit higher.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Scooch
Looks to be a nice Camaro even without the BB. but its not $21k... thats just where it happens to be right now. with 28 bids already and 2 days still to go I would imagine it will go quite a bit higher.
No doubt it'll go higher, I'm not disputing that. I suppose my question is, what should I expect the price to hit on this?

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

$25-27K would be my guess.

Nice car.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Thor is right... that seems to be the norm right now. should be fun to see what it goes for. you gonna bid on it Zak?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thor is right... that seems to be the norm right now. should be fun to see what it goes for. you gonna bid on it Zak?
Heavily considering it which is why I posted here to see what the experts think. I'm a bit hesitant to bid on something sight unseen but the fact that it's a factory L35 intrigues me. Not that I've been searching for a long time but I suspect they don't come up all that often?

Another thing that gives me pause is that it's a private seller...I feel a little better sending a dealer $25K+ and expecting something in return a couple of weeks later in a Mayflower semi....who knows what I'll get back from a private seller.

Sent a bunch questions already to the seller as he's very vague in his description of the vehicle. Says drivetrain is all replaced but doesn't give specifics on the trannie or rear end. Doesn't say anything about the engine aside from the fact that the 396 was replaced with a SB 350. Asked about the paint...whether it's a Maaco job or professionally done and how much he spent.

He did mention the blinds on the lights are in working order as the motors were replaced. Doesn't have the original hood, motor, or drivetrain. That's about all I've gotten from him thus far. Any other questions you guys can think of? Didn't the 67's have the 396 emblem on the front fenders where he currently has the SS emblems?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

I have never bought a vehicle I didnt see in person first. If I were seriously considering purchasing it Id invest the time and money to take a trip to see it in person first. but maybe thats just me.

Last edited by Scooch; 01-17-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have never bought a vehicle I didnt see in person first. If I were seriously considering purchasing it Id invest the time and money to take a trip to see it in person first. but maybe thats just me.
Yeah kinda what I was thinking...

Unfortunately I'd have to get on a plane tomorrow morning in order to be able to see it. He's in PA and I'm in CA...not sure the timing is going to work...bummer...only 4,003 cars produced in that year...I suspect they don't come up too often.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well Scooch you live on the right side of the country...why don't you drive up and take a look at it for me?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

dang it, I gotta work the day shift tomorrow!! lol, man thatd be a drive. I hate to see you miss it man. eBay does have a buyer protection plan so if the L35 is what you want you might as well throw a number you are comfortable with on it at the last minute and see what happens. but it is too bad that you dont have time to see it first.

Quick Reply: Opinions on an eBay L35