my 67 rs project

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Default my 67 rs project

Here are some pics of my camaro. The grey primer was the car when I first bought/drove it 12 years ago.
The newer pics are what it looks like now. It has prettymuch been in a trailer and soggy garage. I have all of the original parts but I'm not looking for a concourse restoration.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...0&y=429iy2
I have to do some minor work in the trunk area but not much other than paint.
The engine was completely redone when I got it but of course it sat and needs to be cleaned up. I was looking for some suggestions as to who has the best prices for parts, year one, ricks or classic industries?
I was also toying with the putting the mini tub kit in the car, but not sure if it's worth the effort for the result. The tires on it right now just rub the paint on the fender wells. I really don't want to go any smaller of a tire. Anyone have any tips on this? I'm also going to change the rear to a 12 bolt or a 9inch. Problem is, I'm in Alaska and there's not alot of parts to find here. So of course I have to buy one, Anyone know where to get a good price? Would like new or rebuilt. I, of course, also get to pay a nice penny to ship. Also if you look at the car it still has the stock mono springs. Are the new gen mono springs any better or do I need to consider a mulit leaf? If thats the case, is it worth doing the 4-link kit? Keep in mind I'm on a budget. I can afford things, but this isn't going to be a $20thou budget, I might spend about $6thou minus paint. But that's for everything.