Looking to be a first time camaro owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 PM

Anyone want to throw out what this car might be worth realistically?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Ok I agree that the Camaro offered isn't a $38k car, but in a trade it is still worth much more than the Corvette he's looking for, and I think he's talking trade plus cash, not just cash. I'd guess he's had it for sale at his cash price and it's not even getting any calls, so he's turned to trading and cash.
I do see similar Camaros going in the high $20's to low $30's, and if someone had a Corvette like he's looking for that was say a $25k car, then they would still need to toss some cash his way, or sell their Corvette for $25k and go make him a cash offer.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Sincleanser
Anyone want to throw out what this car might be worth realistically?
Realistically? The mid $20's, maybe a little more. But the seller's not being realistic.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Corvette...everyone likes and has respect for it on the road.
Camaro.....is a definite eye catcher but is still a 40 year old car with a nice paint job. This would be a different story if we were talking about a 69 Corvette. For this car.....25K is my top offer if I had the money. Everything that I would do to a car has been done already to this car. This is the only benefit I see. I don't know if paying extra for the sound system, tinted windows and 18" tires & rims is worth the extra 10 grand. This car is going to have some rattling, drink more gas than your Corvette, probably get the same horsepower and sometimes have a gas smell that the Corvette didn't have, don't forget the creature comforts you enjoy now will not be there. The Camaro is a true head turner no doubt about it, but it is worth 40 grand to him and 20 grand to us.

Can you get a definite 25K for your car? if you can..... than no don't do it because this guy cannot get 38K for his. He sounds like he really wants cash but you have to ask yourself why hasn't he gotten good offers? Because everyone is agreeing on a ballfield he is too scared to play on.

Keep your Corvette and have him come to you when no one else is dishing out the big bucks.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 AM

Again, thanks for all the insight guys. For the record, here is the car being considered for a trade for a camaro.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...fth-wheel.html

Is there a specific spot on these forums people list cars for sale or trade?

Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 AM
December 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

see this alot with muscle car owners !! he is trying to sell the car for what it was or could be!! note the original rs/ss 350 4 speed he states in the ad!!?? thats what it was 40 yrs ago now its a 383 ( probably a 350 or 355) and a 700 r4 auto (floor tunnel has prob. been chopped or mutilated to fit this in!!) says he has a tko 5 speed to go with it??? why isnt it in the car??? (probably junk)
nice looking car with some descent add ons but 20-25g tops in my opinion!!
if you just want a real nice car and dont get caught up in the numbers matching,has to be rs/ss or z/28 from factory crap you can get a way nicer car for the money!!!
like a highly modified plane janer!!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Is there a specific spot on these forums people list cars for sale or trade?[/quote]

Hell No !!! we are not into wife trading !!!!

just joking...... I think you can go to the Forum stuff is sold on and you try there.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

There are some things I like, but WAY too many things I don't like about this car. I would say if it is a real rust-free SS/RS and given some of the mods it's worth tops 23K and not a penny more. I also believe the performance difference between your Vette and this particular Camaro would be day and night leaving you quickly disappointed.

If you want a canyon carver for driving around Magalia and like to mash the gas up the grade from Chico, your Vette is ideal.

If anything he should be trading and giving you 6K. There some things that are nice on the car, but only a few things.

This car is like a hot chick you met at a bar. From the outside she looks hot, long blonde hair, nice rack, beautiful smile, deep blue eyes, and curves in all the right places.

However, the next morning you roll over to find she looks nothing like she did 8 hours ago because she was wearing a wig, colored eye contacts, dentures, an overly padded push-up bra and girdle.

There are so many quality cars at bargain prices on the market right now I wouldn't just walk away from this car, I would run!