Looking to buy a '69, Where to look?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
January 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Looking to buy a '69, Where to look?

ORIGINAL: The Stig

Yea I'd definitely want to see it in person first before any money was handed over, and I'd use some type of escrow service to hold the money until I have the car. The other problem I have with ebay is the limited nature of the ads, I don't like being pressured into any decision without thinking it over for at least a couple weeks.

ORIGINAL: MichiganMan what's your zip code?post upzip I'll bet we can locate several shops near you and possibly 100's of cars through ebay that are within 200 mile's of your location.the rest is up to you to research them
19355 in the Philadelphia area.
OK all of these cars are within 150 miles of you http://motors.listings.ebay.com/_W0Q...9019&lsot2=

Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
January 2008 ROTM

here is a list of classic car dealers in your area http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid...sults&cd=2

Old 12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
January 2008 ROTM

also link to craigslist for phila http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/happy hunting

Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey man. That is a nice Beemer...I gotta 68 camaro...Wanna Trade? Hahaha j/k. You DON'T wanna trade... I did however buy mine of eBay and got what I expected. I think that if there are a lot of pictures of the rightplaes that nrmally corrodethen you can think it is safe. But it is always best to heck that stuff out in person.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MichiganMan

Good post, great site, yada yada yada...
Awesome, thanks for the good links man!

ORIGINAL: FlightMechYJ68

Hey man. That is a nice Beemer...I gotta 68 camaro...Wanna Trade? Hahaha j/k. You DON'T wanna trade... I did however buy mine of eBay and got what I expected. I think that if there are a lot of pictures of the right plaes that nrmally corrode then you can think it is safe. But it is always best to heck that stuff out in person.
Looking for a '69 anyways, but thanks for the offer.

ORIGINAL: Blade

**** I'll sell u mine.
Perhaps it's just the picture gallery, but yours looks somewhat rusted.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 AM
June 2007 ROTM

yea it is but I have all the parts to replace

Old 12-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Stig,
You did not give a lot of details about what you are looking for. You say engine tranny combo does not matter or numbers. But you want no rust or previous damage. From just that it sound like a New 69 would be perfect for you. There are companies outthere thatsell anything fromanew shell to a drive away turn key in rag top or hard top.

You are about 10 years too late to party to fine none rusting never wrecked Camaros. If there are any around they will bring a pretty penny. The newones cost about 18K complete and rolling body only. I assume any no-rust no-crashperfect real 69 would sell for a good bit more. It’s common now a day to spend 15k restoring a body to the condition you are asking for, if it’s done professionally that is.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Gorn

Stig,
You did not give a lot of details about what you are looking for. You say engine tranny combo does not matter or numbers. But you want no rust or previous damage. From just that it sound like a New 69 would be perfect for you. There are companies out there that sell anything from a new shell to a drive away turn key in rag top or hard top.

You are about 10 years too late to party to fine none rusting never wrecked Camaros. If there are any around they will bring a pretty penny. The new ones cost about 18K complete and rolling body only. I assume any no-rust no-crash perfect real 69 would sell for a good bit more. It’s common now a day to spend 15k restoring a body to the condition you are asking for, if it’s done professionally that is.

Where do you find these New 69's? This sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Stig,
You did not give a lot of details about what you are looking for. You say engine tranny combo does not matter or numbers. But you want no rust or previous damage. From just that it sound like a New 69 would be perfect for you. There are companies outthere thatsell anything fromanew shell to a drive away turn key in rag top or hard top.

You are about 10 years too late to party to fine none rusting never wrecked Camaros. If there are any around they will bring a pretty penny. The newones cost about 18K complete and rolling body only. I assume any no-rust no-crashperfect real 69 would sell for a good bit more. It’s common now a day to spend 15k restoring a body to the condition you are asking for, if it’s done professionally that is.

Where do you find these New 69's? This sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for.
Chip Foose would be happy to build you one, Goggle him. I'm sure there are others that would be more reasonably priced than Chip.
Clyde

Old 12-23-2007, 05:57 AM
January 2008 ROTM

Stig,

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/classic.htmlright here