Let's see those 1st Gen. Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey thefley,

I was only asking about them (Blue Ridge TX) because I was considering buying a car there but shipping was too expensive for me. I'm located on the east coast 30 miles north of Boston, MA. Your 68 looks nice, I'm sure once you address some of the small issues you mentioned you will be happy with your purchase. If you bought it without any issues it would be boring. Fixing the car the way you want it is half the fun. Good luck with it.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by JG69
Hey thefley,

I was only asking about them (Blue Ridge TX) because I was considering buying a car there but shipping was too expensive for me. I'm located on the east coast 30 miles north of Boston, MA. Your 68 looks nice, I'm sure once you address some of the small issues you mentioned you will be happy with your purchase. If you bought it without any issues it would be boring. Fixing the car the way you want it is half the fun. Good luck with it.

I am happy with the car. I was just warning others that they are like used car dealers. fortunately for me they are only a few hundred miles south of me and I took a liking to the blacked out look and went to inspect it.

but this is one they took in on trade. now the cars they build from the ground up are nice, I walked their shop and seen what all they do they will build one up to exactly as you want.

I was like you, I looked at some from Legends up your way but they were to high on shipping and all the cars seem to look alike (I have been looking for 6 months or more) I have even driven down to Harwell Motors in Tx to see their Camaros and I would say don't buy unless you go inspect them in person.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by thefley
I am happy with the car. I was just warning others that they are like used car dealers. fortunately for me they are only a few hundred miles south of me and I took a liking to the blacked out look and went to inspect it.

but this is one they took in on trade. now the cars they build from the ground up are nice, I walked their shop and seen what all they do they will build one up to exactly as you want.

I was like you, I looked at some from Legends up your way but they were to high on shipping and all the cars seem to look alike (I have been looking for 6 months or more) I have even driven down to Harwell Motors in Tx to see their Camaros and I would say don't buy unless you go inspect them in person.
I ended up buying my 69 in IL. I had good communication with the seller but I had a pit in my stomach until the car arrived. Luckily it was everything the seller said it was. I probally wouldn't try my luck a second time though.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

That's a sweet car man! More proof that some awesome things do exist in Illinois.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 AM

JG69, I live in Texas but came from the North Shore (Beverly) and Atlas Muscle is about 4 1/2 hours up the road from me. They have a good selection of cars in good shape. I would recomend investing in a plane ticket and inspecting the car prior to purchase. Shop around for the shipping, you should be able to get it around $650.00

Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by TXMEL13
JG69, I live in Texas but came from the North Shore (Beverly) and Atlas Muscle is about 4 1/2 hours up the road from me. They have a good selection of cars in good shape. I would recomend investing in a plane ticket and inspecting the car prior to purchase. Shop around for the shipping, you should be able to get it around $650.00
I agree, you have to go inspect them yourselves, they have some nice cars down there. the ones they build look really good as they take them down all the way and rebuild them, but the ones that they take in on trade or buy to do a fast flip have hidden issues like the one I bought. I knew what I was getting and knew it needed some work but that was only because I went and looked at it and didn't take his word on it when I talked to him over the phone.

they sure make them look good in their pics and video and had I just bought on trust and had it shipped I would have been surprised by

the half *** rear corner panel replacement (the inner was not replaced and still has rust but outer skin was replaced. the other side was done right)

surprised by the how they replaced doors after the paint job and the clear coat does not match the rest of the cars gloss (paint color 99.98% matches)

surprised by complete half *** job done on the interior (all the small stuff like trim, dash being cracked, *****, dome light, and about all the vents rotted, broken, or in poor visual condition)

how they just painted the motor while in the car, and engine compartment sprayed to make it look good for the sale. and toss on a cheap chrome dress up kit to make it look good.

but these are minor issues to me that I have already tackled. Yes I would buy from them again but not with out looking at the car in person like I did on this one.

OH buy the way, Nice looking car.

Last edited by thefley; 10-21-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I just added the yenko emblems today.
Name:  photobucket-4778-1319233731787.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  photobucket-4575-1319233706124.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  photobucket-4822-1319233783129.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  57.6 KB