Interested in a 69, opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Default Interested in a 69, opinions please

Hey I've had an interest in buying a 69 camaro for a while now. I've been checking ebay and craigslist every now and then to see what's out there. I want something that doesn't need a TON or any work but that I can mildly modify and play around with. My mechanic skills are by no means great but I'd like to pick some up while owning this car.

Anyways I came across this on ebay and wanted your opinions on it.. What do you think this camaro is worth?

edit - I'm not a huge matching numbers guy either. I like the pro touring look.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

That looks like a pretty nice car to me and you have the same taste I do. I don't need numbers matching and all that I just wanted something that I could do what I want with. I'd think you could get that car for high 30's and I think it would be worth every bit of it, although I would think he would have put a built 5 speed in it. If you have the money and it looks as good in person as it does on the pictures I wouldn't hesitate.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Bidding is currently at $42k with 6 days to go. Are you interested in that very one, or were you showing that just for reference?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Bidding is currently at $42k with 6 days to go. Are you interested in that very one, or were you showing that just for reference?
Interested and reference I guess? Honestly it would be sort of an impulse buy at this point which is a bad idea. I probably need to sit down and write down what all I want in the car, what I'm willing to compromise, and what I'm willing to fix/work on. In reference to this particular car, is the front subframe normally that low?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

If by low you mean hanging below floor level as you see it, yes that's how it is.
If you mean "closer to the ground", it's like that because the car has been lowered.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

That ebay car may have been worth it, if only they hadn't painted the tail panel the wrong color!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM

How about this specific one Chevrolet : Camaro Chevrolet : Camaro | eBay ,

Not sure I would pay 55k for it.. No pictures of undercarriage either. Do you guys have any good guides to buying classic cars? I'm just kinda googling around and was wondering if I could find all this info in one place?

Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Oh, I said high 30's on the first one because i thought the price was the buy it now, but it is a nice car, I wonder what the reserve is on it.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:43 PM

Can I get some opinions on this car please

69cam427

It's down the street from me and has been for sale for months.. Was 33k a few months back. Engine compartment doesn't look super clean. I hate hate hate the vinyl and color but that's fixable. Any guess at how much it would cost for the paint job? Assuming its not rusted to heck under the vinyl...

Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I like the car assuming there is not hidden issues it looks to be priced in the correct range, but if you are planning on turning into a pro-touring style car then it has a long way to go. I don't know how much it would cost to repaint a car a different color. I know it's not cheap to do a different color because so much labor is involved in removing parts so you don't have one color outside and another color inside. If I was you and this car is not what you want I would wait because you can get something a lot closer to what you are wanting for a lot cheaper than you can build it for. That's my opinion.

Quick Reply: Interested in a 69, opinions please