hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build

this camaro came into my shop for final assembly.the customer wants it as original as possible. I usualy work on older hot rods, so this will be very different for me. looking forward to the challenge.( and it still beets punchin a clock for some one else.) although this is not the first camaro I have worked on.my first car was a 68 camaro when I was 15 years old,and have owned several others over the years. now I am more into pre war hot rods. I am sure I will have plenty of questions.I would post pics but see no link to do so.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ok here is some pics of the car when it came into my shop.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-002.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-001.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

this is a project that some one else started and aparently was not able to finish. I recieved this car and two pickup loads of parts.ive spent a lot of time inventoring parts, trying to find out what I have and dont have. finding that I'm missing alot of small pieces.so far I have two pages of parts to order.this is going to be fun.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

yea, theres alot more that goes into building one of these cars than people think, I was one of those people. Looks like a nice Car to begin with. I look forward to watching it come together.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 AM
In the Staging Lanes

OK geting some work done .got all the brakes in, still need to bleed.fuel tank and lines, and most of the wiring ran.starting in on the a/c next.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-003.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-013.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-014.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-006.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-010.jpg  

Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
4th Gear Member

Awesome Camaro and, the correct year.
Excellent paint.

Any questions, please ask. My tip is, I see it would be kind of hard, but from the inst cluster connector, test the fuel tank sending unit to ground ensuring this part of the circuit works.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes

making progress.Installed the exhaust that came from Gardner,it was a nice kit and fit great.got the sound deadener in now I can finish up the A/C and the dash.I think I have tracked down most of the parts that were missing. I have spent probably 20% of my time on this car doing research and tracking down parts.in some ways this car is easier than building hot rods were you have to make parts from different cars work together.this thing is like a big model kit that parts come in a bag and the factory assembly manual tells you where it goes.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-026.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-027.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-023.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-024.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-021.jpg  

Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

all the rear lights in.and wiring ran.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-016.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes

there is a lot of time under the dash.got most of the A/C ,wiring ,vacuum lines and dash put together. waiting for a few parts so I can button up the rest the of the dash.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-033.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-040.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-036.jpg  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

finaly figured out exactly what each hole in the fire wall was for,and have all of them filled but one.waiting to get the corect oil pressure line.have most of the engine plumbed and wired .figured out the A/C hoses need to take them back off and bolt on the inner fenders.after I get all this and the engine running it will go back to the body shop to get al the front sheet metal hung then back to me for the rest.

Attached Thumbnails hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-038.jpg   hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build-camaro-039.jpg  

Quick Reply: hot rod woodshop's 68 RS build