Got my first 67 Camaro "hellhound". was it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Default Got my first 67 Camaro "hellhound". was it worth it?

Hi folks .I'm new here .
I just got a 67 Camaro for 16,500.00
and am wondering if its a good investment or did I just fill a life long dream .
the hellhound has a 67 327 block and has 69 307 heads .
was told it has 3000 miles on a rebuild and told it has some kind of awesome cam .
has a edelbrock 1406 carb and intake manifold .
Has a T10 aluminum 4 speed manual tranny .
drives well except when you come off the throttle it will feel like it will die out for a second then catch the idle and be fine .

the Vin on it says it came with a v-6 and three speed standard floor shift tranny

the guy i bought it from didnt own it to long and what he did to it was fix up the body and gave it a paint job .
the hood is a fiberglass one and has a buckle look on the side .I'm thinking I have to get it replaced .

I still feel like I have to pinch myself thinking that I'm dreaming to have a 67 first gen camaro .

the brake light aren't working and that kind of erkes me . I replaced the brake switch but it didn't help .the brake lights will lighten for the headlights when pulled out but not when you brake .

it has a 3-10rear end .
the interior needs work but she gets it .
so is this a good investment ? is it worth putting some money into to fix the bugs and get like I want it ?
thanks for bearing with me here

Last edited by xxcody2gunsxx; 05-14-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: smaller size pictures
Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Not a bad deal id say. Under the hood looks pretty clean. Can't really tell but is that an old points distributor? If so I highly recommend getting HEI. The T10 you have in there is a good tranny...and what size carb is that? For your idling problem it sounds like its either your fuel pump or distributor. Personally I don't like the paint job, but thats just me. Overall i think you made a good buy with just minor fixins. AND GET NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess that all matters....do you want the "nice guy..I get along with everyone in the forum truth" or "the real truth?"

Old 05-22-2011, 02:09 AM
2nd Gear member

Imop, nope

Old 05-22-2011, 08:06 AM
3rd Gear Member

If it makes you happy, then for sure its worth it. But, now in hindsight (being 20-20) check around a lot before pulling the trigger on either a 20G loan, or straight up depletion of savings. In my honest opinion, there were better deals out there. The biggest hang up for me is the fact it was a V6 car and has a few problems aside from not period items such as paint, air intake, etc. I understand an original V8 z28 would be a lot more, but that one seems a bit much for a non-completed project. Again, I may be way off line, but if you truly want to know if its a good deal, then test the waters by trying to sell it. If you get a lot of interest, then you did well.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by 67SuperSport
Not a bad deal id say. Under the hood looks pretty clean. Can't really tell but is that an old points distributor? If so I highly recommend getting HEI. The T10 you have in there is a good tranny...and what size carb is that? For your idling problem it sounds like its either your fuel pump or distributor. Personally I don't like the paint job, but thats just me. Overall i think you made a good buy with just minor fixins. AND GET NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!
Thanks for the help . I did just that . Got a MSD HEI Distributor and Got a Holley Performance Electronic fuel pump .
after adjusting and fine tuning . Its a holly crap . Awesome feeling .
drives great ,no more stalling and so much power .
it just took getting to know this Camaro a little better .

I might have been able to get a 67 in some aspects better but then I would of had to deal with flying to other states checking it out or having it transported to me and all that BS . all in all I think it was a good buy .
the only Problem I'm having now is that I am 6'4" tall and having a hard time fitting in there . any tips there?