Did I loose my shirt on this deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Cory Apple
Good, glad to hear... I cannot get the pictures to work. I am going to need 1/4's, where is a good place to get them? I have a pair, but they are made in taiwan....
Cory,

We have had some decent luck with NPD (National Parts Depot). Ordered a tail pan from them and it fit well. Same gauge of metal as the original one on the car. Looks like a good deal for numbers matching. Have fun with the project.

Jennifer

Old 02-20-2012, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear member

It is a y-2 car. Do you guys think it would be worth more painted back to butternut yellow with black top, or orange with black rally detail...
A car is only original once and you have one in that codition. I think you got an awesome find on a numbers matching car... blah blah blah, I`ve already said that. If you are going to restore it keep it as orignal as possible. If you go changing things it becomes just another Camaro. Like it is now is rare and special. Just my humble opinion.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

It is a y-2 car. Do you guys think it would be worth more painted back to butternut yellow with black top, or orange with black rally detail...
if it is not all original i say customize it to your liking

Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Trans numbers match as well! Still has the original intake also with the 2 barrel. The rochester does not match, it says 7037 which is a 67 if I am not mistaken. Cannot get it to run right, seems like a vacuum leak. It will not idle, until you put your hand slightly over the carb. The idle mixture screws do not do anything as well. I rebilt the carb last night, not it will idle at like 500 rpm barely, at like 5hg of vac until you put your hand over the carb slightly then the vacuum goes right to 22" hg... Any thoughts?