Classic Camaro values taking a dive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Default Classic Camaro values taking a dive?

Guys, is now the time to sell our Camaros? Check out this article at Motor Trend: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6207611/...ney/index.html

Sounds like values are possibly heading downhill?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Classic Camaro values taking a dive?

Lets hope not. And I did not buy mine to make money. (fun)

Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: skar

Lets hope not. And I did not buy mine to make money. (fun)
I dont really care either.... I got it for the fun of having one, I may never sell it.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
May 2007 ROTM

I thought it was a hobbie/lifestye. not an investment.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes

Very interesting article. Keep in mind, that even if the author is wrong there may be a big enough fan base of that magazine that will react in a way that could actually drive prices down if they elect to sell on his advice. For someone like myself looking to buy, perhaps I should lay low for a while and watch.

I feel the same way that you guys do about it being a hobby or way of life, not an investment. However, I would certainly like to buy my "way of life" for less money if possible [8D]

Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear member

I wouldnt ever want to sell my Camaro! Even if they were worth nothing, mine is still worth its weight in gold to me because I have made it mine! Thanks but no thanks

Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

what's the old saying (a car is only worth what someone wants to pay for it) . i just bought my camaro in december not as a investment but i always have liked camaro's . finally i'm at a point in my life where i could afford a few toys .

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I agree with everyone so far I would not own one as a investment it will be for me to own and enjoy, and besides when I can finally get one it will look like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...QQcmdZViewItem I don't see the prices going up or down on those to much

Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes

With all due respect, I think some of you guys are missing the point (or at least, one point) here. For guys like us, the deflation of value is a great thing. Since we're not buying them as investments, it would simply mean that we could buy more for our money (if the article is correct). This goes for collector's models, junkers, etc... If $35K Camaro is suddenly worth say, $25K, then you can bet that the "project Camaro" you were looking at buying for $10K-12K will drop in price as well. A car is worth what the market will bear, but I must admit, that it kills me to see people pulling total wreckage from their backyard and selling it for 10-15K just because it once resembled a car, ya know?

Just like real estate, housing, the stock market, and everything else........they're all prone to become a bubble market at some point. And again, if this is the case with Camaros....then this is a great thing for guys like us.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Overdrive Member

yeah i wouldnt pay more than a grand for a car if it wasnt in decent shape, i see project camaros go for 5-10 grand myself

Quick Reply: Classic Camaro values taking a dive?