Car transporter

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Default Car transporter

I need a car transporter to take a few cars from California to Washington. Does any have one they use and trust.

thanks
cal

Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM

uship.com

Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

cal camara be extremely careful and hard nosed about references. I had my 67 shipped form Cali to Idaho, driver bottom out my car, crushed my collectors, smoked my clutch...and I think he took it on a joy ride according to the odometer. I had the car at a neighbors because I didn't want to deal with it during the move. Neighbors took video of the guy bottoming it out and smoking the clutch.

So I knew what to expect when he pulled in front of my house. So I stalled telling him my wife was on her way with the checkbook. I wanted the car off the truck before I addressed the damage. When I confronted him, he started down playing the damage as "accidents happen" and "it's not that bad"

I was going to give the guy a $200 tip or a total of $900. Instead it got physical fast and I threw $400 on the ground next to his head, pulled my ride into my garage and left him lying by his truck. 10 minutes later he pulled away and I never heard another thing about it.....plick.

It's a total scam, the booking companies do not take any responsibilities for damage, the actual carriers do....and good luck there. Get everything in writing including the name of the actual carriers insurance company, his state commercial hauling permit number, if it's under the corporate veil get his/her actual name and verify the actual carrier is a valid licensed contractor with the proper amount of insurance before they ever touch your car.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Default Transport

Sorry that happened, and thanks, That is exactly what I am doing. There are not a lot of recommendations on companies out west

thanks

cal

Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 PM

Try calling Angels Moving Autos - Home

I used them for my 68 Camaro project for transport from Houston to Tampa, FL about 6 months ago.....