68' Camaro... New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Default 68' Camaro... New to the forum

Hello guys. New to the forum and id like to say it seems there are a lot of cool people on here as well as a lot of good information floating around.

I purchased a 1968 camaro coupe about 2 years ago with the intention of restoring,I use that word very losely as the car needs mostly cosmetic work and i am not interested in restoring the car to the original specs or show quality by any means, just have always wanted a 68' camaro and jsut want it to look nice and drive well as it will be a kind of daily driver around town.

That being said it has been two years and different life events have led me to put off doing anything to the car until now. I finally have a little bit of disposable income and was planning on starting a couple different small projects.

One of the First things i was thinking of doing was changing the muffler configuration. It currently has what i was told to be the original thre muffler setup and i wanted to remove the third muffler to give the car a nicer sound but was told by a couple self proclaimed "car guys" that i would be an idiot to change that. As i said i dont intend on restoring this car to show quality is it really that important that i keep the original configuration?

Also are there any other modifications that people have found to be essential to this car? As i said i am a confesed idiot when it comes to classic cars, All i know if i have always wanted to own a 68 and now that i have one im tryin to decide where to start.

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to the site...

Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the site, but as with all forums, be careful of the info you take off here.

a lot of people will give advice, and then you only find out after their advice didn't work, that they never had any experience with the subject at hand. they only "read it somewhere" or " a friend told them how to do it" and then they passed off the bad info to you, although I see a lot less bad info passed around in the First Gen section than other sections.

anyway, welcome to the board and you can get a lot of good info on here from people, just be careful who you listen to. if you just sit back and follow for a while, you will figure out what I'm talking about for yourself

also, search is your friend

Last edited by 1969 SS; 10-13-2009 at 11:06 PM.