Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   2016 Discussion (https://camaroforums.com/forum/2016-discussion-145/)
-   -   HELP! The police don't believe me!! (https://camaroforums.com/forum/2016-discussion-145/help-police-dont-believe-me-83861/)

hellakitten 07-08-2019 08:15 AM

HELP! The police don't believe me!!

Long story short.. I was using my dad's car a 2016 Camaro S.S. on my way to work (I've only been driving it for the past three weeks) when a car cut me off going 35 in a 55. So I went around him. When I sped up to do this, it was like my car was possessed. Haha not funny.
Because she kept accelerating to speeds that I could not control the car when trying to break (the breaks are bad).
Usually if I were to punch it when passing someone I would go up to 60- 65 in that area when passing real quick.
Only for a literal second or two.. but this time she just kept accelerating. To speeds of 101 which was clocked on radar by police. And I was unaware. As I was busy trying to figure out what to do to slow down the car. Bc I couldn't break. And she continued accelerating. This had happened before , where she only sped up about 15 mph for about 15 sec. But then she relaxed and I was then able to slowly apply the breaks. As she kept speeding up there were cars in front of me. That I had to dangerously go around. I was freaking out and everything was kind of a blurr. I saw a police car ahead and I did everything I could to slow down and turn onto the street the officer was parked on. In hopes she would follow my erratic behavior so In case I wrecked the car someone would know. After making the turn. I thought I was safe to stop. But she accelerated again. Down the road. It was like something was pressing down on the gas. I managed to fight with her again. Trying to slow down. And I hurried and pulled into the last driveway and turned the car off. When I saw the police pull up I was glad to see them only they thought I was trying to elude them so they met me at gunpoint.. and there was no even attempting to explain it.
I've heard about the throttle getting stuck in sports mode? Tho I am unaware if I was in sports mode or not. I don't think I was. Is there a way to find out what mode the car was in. ?
What can cause this problem or I've also heard it's simply bc I don't know how to drive the car and that it should not have accelerated at all? The car scared the life out me. I'm so thankful I didn't wrek. But the police do not see it that way.
PLEASE HELP!!!

craby 07-08-2019 03:22 PM

when throttle sticks in any car turn key off, brakes are not going to help very much and if you put in neutral you can do damage or blow the engine up.

craby 07-08-2019 03:31 PM

as long as you have not unhooked the battery you should be able to pull any codes or pre codes from the pcm, far as I know the 5th gen does not have a black box type memory that records operation of the car.

Y2Keglide 07-08-2019 04:57 PM

What craby said but I have to wonder why you were driving it at all if the brakes are bad.:icon_denk: