2010+ V8 Tech For you LS3 and LSA guys to discuss modifications.

2010 2SS RS manual on it's way!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

This morning I just ordered my first brand new car...a black 2010 Camaro 2SS RS with manual transmission, black leather, Boston Acoustics premium 9-speaker sound system, polished aluminum wheels, and power sunroof...in my 21 years I have never been this excited!!!

My car right now is an '05 Mustang V6 with a few upgrades, but I absolutely had to have the new 2010 Camaro SS because GM has hit the nail right on the head with this one!! They took their time and perfected it and I just had to switch sides lol...I look forward to the monstrous V8 scaring the **** out of me after driving the V6 Mustang for a few years!! lol

Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Ninja Administrator

welcome. post pics asap. wed love to see all the new 5th gens pouring in here!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
3rd Gear Member
Wink

The Dark side is always better.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default pics will be up asap, early end to production?, curious about MSRP elsewhere

pics'll be up the day i get her....they told me about 6 months...but for perfection it's definitely worth the wait...

they told me that chevy has sold so many of these that GM might end 2010 production early to increase demand on the 2011's...who knows??
they said sales went from 14,000 (i'm guessing this is the SS manual orders because this is what we were discussing) to 20,000 in no time at all and that GM might decide to end production early with sales like this...

but then again a guy walks in saying "i'm here to buy a camaro ss" chances are the salespeople are going to say stuff like that to seal the deal...although the main salesman with whom i dealt is a family friend and my family has dealt with him for many years so who knows...oh well...lol

but all i know is that 6 months from now i will have "the beast"...and for that i'm happy

does anyone know how much dealers are charging for 2SS's in other parts of the country? just curious...i'm getting mine for MSRP plus $795 dealer charge but i remember when (and please pardon my mention of "the other pony car" lol) the GT500's came out dealers were charging way above MSRP in most cases [but then again, the cobra is a limited production car...] ...are dealers jacking up prices with the high demand?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Congratulations! That's going to be one nice ride.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

so i changed my mind on the wheels...i like the polished aluminum wheels they look really sharp, but i thought about my black on black theme and decided to go with the rs midnight painted wheels...

if i'm paying for the rs package i might as well go with what i'm paying for and i might as well continue with my black exterior black leather, dark wheels theme...

i saved a little (only about $500...it really wasn't too much about savings because 500 dollars compared to a 36,000 car isn't too big of a deal)...but i'm mainly happy with the black on black on black theme i have going...

it'll be a big day the day "the beast" comes in...unfortunately i think i'll be on an international exhange at the university of guadalajara in mexico when it finally comes in but i've decided that it's worth it to fly up the weekend it comes in and pick it up and drive her to the garage myself and then cover her myself instead of having my dad pick her up or even worse let the dealership keep her in the meantime and let god-knows-who test drive and push her to the limit in the 20 minutes they spend with her...excuse my language but f*** that! lol

thanks everyone! proud to be part of the camaro family now!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

i just started thinking and thought it would be interesting to share in here....

so you guys know how i mentioned that i currently drive an '05 mustang v6? well as a kid i was always fascinated by mustangs and having either a gt or a cobra was always my dream...

getting an '05 v6 when i was in high school was like getting halfway there and whenever i would see a gt i would catch myself dreaming once again...even as late as a few months ago i thought my next car was going to be the new mustang gt...

but about a month ago i went to the chevy dealer in gallup, nm when they had a big event welcoming the new camaro, i saw my first '10 ss in person and was in awe and caught myself in extreme envy of the guy who had bought it and i convinced myself that i would have one no matter what...

so as i thought about it and realized i was financially able to do it, i realized that i was going to take my life long dream and blow it to shreds with an even better one...by buying a new camaro ss...

it was an empowering moment to sign the order and put down the deposit and know what would be coming to me in 6 months...i must admit i'm going a little crazy waiting for it to come in, but the more and more i see pictures and videos of them on the internet and even in person, the more i know how big this really is...it's not only a car...it's a dream that i've waited 21 years already to fulfill and i figure another 6 months is just a tiny step to that feeling of firing up my new camaro ss with 0 (well i will be realistic there will probably be a few) miles on it and inching it off the lot to take my dream and live it...

ha ha i bet chevrolet would probably like this post for a commercial...lol but the new camaro to me is more than just a car...it's a dream that surpassed my previous dreams beyond imagination

thank you GM for at least getting this right

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by jnewberr2SSRS
This morning I just ordered my first brand new car...a black 2010 Camaro 2SS RS with manual transmission, black leather, Boston Acoustics premium 9-speaker sound system, polished aluminum wheels, and power sunroof...in my 21 years I have never been this excited!!!

My car right now is an '05 Mustang V6 with a few upgrades, but I absolutely had to have the new 2010 Camaro SS because GM has hit the nail right on the head with this one!! They took their time and perfected it and I just had to switch sides lol...I look forward to the monstrous V8 scaring the **** out of me after driving the V6 Mustang for a few years!! lol
Hey Congrats for the new car. Post some pics when you will do some modification in it.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

congrats!...it's gonna be a sweet ride!....

Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The car I ordered yesterday sounds identical to yours, I'm doing the 2SS/RS black on black as well. . .we will have twins

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 2SS RS manual on it's way!!!