very dissapointed in chevy at the Portland International Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Unhappy very dissapointed in chevy at the Portland International Auto Show

yea so i was really excited to see the new camaro i mean that basiclly was the only reason i wanted to go was to see it. im sorry im still going to probably still get one but i wish they had an SS there this is all they brought. *thats me in the car it is a way different feel to my 98 it sits ALOT higher*

they wouldn't answer any questions out side of there little note card. they walked away multiple times when trying to ask them questions. this is the basic basic model nothing extra on it its the 3.6 v6 manual 6spd. i love camaros and i love the new design but they said that this model was going to start at 28,000 with nothing extra....and those wheels.......ugh and heres what they set it next too.

a beautiful ZR1...... there was 6 vettes there and one crappy version of the camaro.....*sigh* the 2010 mustang was there and they were hypin that thing like crazy big stand flashin lights....the camaro was just sittin there nothing special about it.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

What dissapointed you the most?!

Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the fact that every other company had there new top of the line cars out there were 2 Challenger SRT8 and there were a ton of Mustang GTs and all chevy could bring was a little v6 with not even a CD stereo it seemed like they forgot there was a car show going on and they just brought what was at the bottom of the barrel and i honestly think if your in a financial slump why not bring out the big guns and get people intereted in there new products.... every conversation i overheard was how they wish there was a better representation of the new camaro.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

There are only so many prototypes. All the other cars you mention are in production. Most likely there was a show with higher visability then Portland. They had several in the Philly show last week. It would have been tuff to make it to Portland from Philly in that short of time. This is the new car show season. 6 vets is nothing they are overstocked with them right now

Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
3rd Gear Member

You're lucky that you got to sit in one. When went to the San Diego International Car Show in Dec. all you could do was look at them, but I did get some lit. and talked to the guy about it. Who ever said they're starting at $28k seems way off. I'm going off of this price scale.

http://www.camaroz28.com/camarobuilder/

Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear member

I cant believe they let you sit in it! When it was here in Nebraska they got mad that I pushed some of the rope closer to take a pic of the inside. Jeez.... those wheels are horrible though, first time Ive seen em and I hate em.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I wanted to sit in it too, but there were too many people. I got to sit in the z06 next to it. That camaro had the fugliest wheels I've ever seen, really turned me off. I got bored downstairs, so I went upstairs and sat in a few porsche's and bmw's.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

It's sad that GM can't wow it's loyal customers.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by musicman
I wanted to sit in it too, but there were too many people. I got to sit in the z06 next to it. That camaro had the fugliest wheels I've ever seen, really turned me off. I got bored downstairs, so I went upstairs and sat in a few porsche's and bmw's.

thank god another Oregonian knows what im talking about, yeah and i love the lambos in that section I got invited to the test drive/release of the White with black wheels LP-560-4 at Grand Prix imports back in July of 08 omg my dad has a 2007 c6 with Z51 performance package and it in no way compares to the lambo.

Thats me driving (only got to drive it around the block but still driving a lambo......I WANT I WANT)
helps to know the guys that own an exotic car dealership...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

While I was there, I also decided that the challenger resembles Jay Leno, aka big chin.

Oh, and I hate you becuase you got to drive that beast.

Quick Reply: very dissapointed in chevy at the Portland International Auto Show