USB Music

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Default USB Music

Hello,
I have a 2010 SS Camaro and am having trouble getting the music to play.
I started by saving the music from Itunes in .m4a format. The camaro wouldn't recongnize it. Then I changed the extension of the files to .mp3
Now the Camaro recongnizes the songs and I can select each song and see the name on the display ,but nothing plays when I select a particular song. I see a play symbol on the display but don'y see a button that makes it play. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM

Hey Peeler... I had the same problem. The issue is that you actually need to convert the file type rather than simply renaming the extension. I used the first converter that showed up when I google'd "M4A to MP3" and it worked like a charm.

Free M4a to MP3 Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

cynthius,

can you put a write up on this together?

we have had several people asking about this. I am sure that it would be beneficial and we could make it common knowledge.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM

Sure.... I mean, there's not really much to it. I will say that I'm no expert and that this is my educated guess as to the reason this happens.

Changing the file's extension from .m4a to .mp3 will allow tha Camaro to read the file because it's now an extension that it recognises, but it doesn't actually convert the data to conform to the .mp3 format.

Using the (FREE!) application linked in my last post will actually convert all the data into the appropriate format that the Camaro can read (true mp3 format). Anyway, the application is super simple. Click Add Files -> Load all the .m4a files you want -> (optional: modify the ID3 tag to label appropriately if you're **** about that like me) -> click convert to .mp3 -> Wait for a bit and voila!

I hope that does help anyone who's had trouble... If anyone is not-so-computer-savy let me know; in this thread or PM and I can send you a step by step with screenshots and all that.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Thanks Cynthus,
That did the trick. I am now enjoying my digital music.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:11 PM

Great news Peeler, glad I could help!