Sound System and other small Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Default Sound System and other small Complaints

My biggest complaint is being I came from a Ford product with "sync", the system that Chevy uses sucks. I had a little family car that cost $18,000 new and the sound system puts the Camaro's sound system to shame. The sync works 1000 times better than the system they put in the Camaro for Blue tooth phone use, and, with the Ford, I get Turn by Turn directions FREE for as long as I own the car. I didn't have to pay this monthly fee for this OnStar Crap.
Also..I could go on my computer and enter any location and send it to the car...and the car didn't have to be running. I could even go on the computer and limit the speed of the car like if I had a teenager driving it. Chevy is about 5 years behind in technology. Other than that....I know this sounds dumb...but I love the car.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lol,,, yep us guys dont need directions. so maybe you need to start designing a upgraded aftermarket version. make some bucks on it. and well maybe ford needs to have a good noise maker to cover the other sounds. the 4th gen stereo isnt that great either. thats the first thing i changed. put a kenwood in er with a couple amps.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:52 PM

I thought the sound system was pretty darn impressive. I'll admit that I prefer plugging in my iPhone using a cable vs Bluetooth because I think the sound quality is typically better. I would definitely need to add my subs but the rest of the system was solid.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by emsand1
I thought the sound system was pretty darn impressive. I'll admit that I prefer plugging in my iPhone using a cable vs Bluetooth because I think the sound quality is typically better. I would definitely need to add my subs but the rest of the system was solid.
Well, I think that is the biggest problem with the sound system, it needs Subs. Being you are adding them, I would say you aren't all that satisfied with the sound either. I guess I notice it only because I came from a car with a fantastic sound system. It was just a cheap little Ford Focus, but it even came with a factory sub installed in the trunk. I think I'll go your route and add a sub and see if that helps.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 PM

I'll be honest. I'm a heavy bass guy. I have two Alpine 12" Type Rs connected to a Fosgate 500 watt RMS amp. I'm not a fan of factory subs or the prepackaged units sold at Crutchfield, Best Buy, etc. So I probably should have prefaced my original response a such. I guess my point was that the head unit and 8 other speakers were pretty solif.