snow??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Question snow??

how does the 2010 camaro v6 handle in the snow conditions of mass? do snow tires work? or is it to light to drive in snow?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

I can tell you that I drove my 2011 SS in the snow last week, and it wasnt too bad. Usually getting out of my driveway is a hassle in itself as its pitched downward at such a degree that with a little ice or snow its a pain to get my moms cobalt out. I got my Camaro out with no problems starting out in second gear and taking it real easy. I did get a little sideways while braking but I think if you are very careful and have a little experience driving in inclement weather you will be ok. Just dont take unnecessary risks

Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM

I've got the 2LT/RS (V6) which is my daily driver... I live in the snowbelt (we probably have about 18" right now) and I've had no problems at all... 2nd gear starts on the bad days and keep your RPM low and you're golden.

Wait - I almost forgot to mention - I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires because with the RS package came Summer only tires, that and it's the law out here to have Winter tires from Dec 15th to Mar 15th. I'm not sure I'd risk it on all seasons, and definately would not even think about the P-Zeros.

Also...
Originally Posted by cybergray
is it to light to drive in snow?
You're kidding right? This is a heavy car! Unless you mean weighing down the rear, in which case, I'd say it helps but not necessary in the least.