n00b here + 2012 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Default n00b here + 2012 Purchase

Aloha everyone,

So I've owned nothing but Honda's my whole life. Not for tuning and going all Captain Kanye "Ricer" West (Yo Imma let you finish but V-Tec is the best engine of all time!). I bought them because they were affordable for me at the time and lasted. So when it came to buy a new car I was looking at a sport coupe, and then I drove a 2SS Camaro, and you can guess where that lead.

At the moment I am getting my down payment ready and will buy in the next 60 days. I'm looking at the 45th Anniversary 2SS model. what I'm curious about I I know the suspension was redone this year due to developments from the ZL1 along with a couple other engine goodies and such. What I'm curious about is where to start and what recommendations you guys would have for in the following months of ownership, what would be some good add-ons for the car.

I am not looking for aesthetics. I love the look the way it is so no body kits or anything; the same goes the the interior. I'm curious as to what kind of intakes/exhaust systems are giving better bang for the buck along with any other recommended engine tuning. I saw the Bully Dog GT Tuner and I'm curious if it is worth the $450 asking price plus the needed accys that they sell.

Setup-wise I am going for standard. I just prefer the feel and my own personal opinion is that on a muscle car auto shouldn't be an option (even though I know the paddle shifters can shift faster than a human can at this point.) I'm liking the Hurst short throw as well. I'm debating on the sunroof because I lice in South Texas and we have long seasons of "fall" and "winter" that I can use it in, but of course I loose body rigidity and I'd like to try this thing out on some amateur auto cross events around town.

If there is also anything to watch out for, please let me know as well. I look forward to my purchase and then joining fellow gear heads and enthusiasts in the very near future.