Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   2010+ General (https://camaroforums.com/forum/2010-general-34/)
-   -   My views of (+) and (-) of owning 2010 SS (https://camaroforums.com/forum/2010-general-34/my-views-owning-2010-ss-59874/)

Simbad66 03-05-2011 09:40 AM

My views of (+) and (-) of owning 2010 SS

I love my 2010 Camaro SS but there are a few things that are a pain in the azz!
+ I have noticed that a lot of people waiting across from me at a stop light, will roll down their window so they can hear me go by, even when its cold outside. I can't pass up the chance of letting them down! lol
+ I never get tired of the little kids pointing and yelling "Bumblebee"!
+ The rumble of the LS3 V8!

- First in line at a stop light, damn windshield is so small I can't see the light.
- Using the ATM thru the small window
- All the RS owners that replace their emblems with SS!

BigCarrot 03-07-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Simbad66 (Post 516184)
- First in line at a stop light, damn windshield is so small I can't see the light.

That one Definately gets me from time to time =x

SpecterGT260 03-07-2011 09:25 AM

I have the same issue in my TA. luckily I have T-Tops so I lean back and look through my roof :)

Gizmo56 03-27-2011 07:34 AM

My list:

My Camaro is a 2011 SS/RS white with inferno orange stripe.

+ Great styling. This new Camaro is drop dead gorgeous from any angle and as eye-catching as anything on the road. A lot of people absolutely stare at this car whether it's parked or driving down the road.

+ One thing I love about it is that it has it's own look and is easily identifiable as a Camaro.

+ The car comfortable enough to take an all day drive.

+ Fabulous headlights

+ Great power.

- Headroom is awful. I'm 5'11".

- Lack of storage areas in cockpit. Where in the hell do you put sunglasses and a cell phone?

- Overall visibility is awful. Tiny windows all around and restricted seating height create several blind spots.

- Ridiculously small, useless sun visors.

- Are different sizes of rims and tires really necessary on a street car?

- Resale value. It looks like I took a $10,000 hit as soon as I drove the car off the lot. Time will tell.

Chevelle Man 03-27-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Simbad66 (Post 516184)
I love my 2010 Camaro SS but there are a few things that are a pain in the azz!
+ I have noticed that a lot of people waiting across from me at a stop light, will roll down their window so they can hear me go by, even when its cold outside. I can't pass up the chance of letting them down! lol
+ I never get tired of the little kids pointing and yelling "Bumblebee"!
+ The rumble of the LS3 V8!

- Using the ATM thru the small window
- All the RS owners that replace their emblems with SS!

I always try to stay back as much as possible at the lights,

ATM's...get out of the car:icon_shrug:

Still not as fast.:icon_wink:

Originally Posted by BigCarrot (Post 516714)
That one Definately gets me from time to time =x

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 (Post 516717)
I have the same issue in my TA. luckily I have T-Tops so I lean back and look through my roof :)

What does Puck do ??? :icon_couchhide: :)

Originally Posted by Gizmo56 (Post 522950)
My list:

My Camaro is a 2011 SS/RS white with inferno orange stripe.

+ Great styling. This new Camaro is drop dead gorgeous from any angle and as eye-catching as anything on the road. A lot of people absolutely stare at this car whether it's parked or driving down the road.

+ One thing I love about it is that it has it's own look and is easily identifiable as a Camaro.

+ The car comfortable enough to take an all day drive.

+ Fabulous headlights

+ Great power.

- Headroom is awful. I'm 5'11".

- Lack of storage areas in cockpit. Where in the hell do you put sunglasses and a cell phone?

- Overall visibility is awful. Tiny windows all around and restricted seating height create several blind spots.

- Ridiculously small, useless sun visors.

- Are different sizes of rims and tires really necessary on a street car?

- Resale value. It looks like I took a $10,000 hit as soon as I drove the car off the lot. Time will tell.

Any new car does that....but I don't think it's 10k :icon_shrug:

H2C 03-27-2011 09:31 AM

GOD YES, i feel you on the lights, a lot of time i lean back but when i just cant i watch everyone else with my peripherals, good reaction times so no one has honked yet

Gizmo56 03-27-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chevelle Man (Post 522964)

Any new car does that....but I don't think it's 10k :icon_shrug:

True, but here's my story.

With tax, license and dealer add-ons, I paid $42000 for my 2011 SS last October. (Cash deal/no trade) In January, I considered trading the Camaro for a Mustang Cobra (Heresy, I know. :icon_doh:) and I was told by the Ford dealer that my Camaro with 1000 miles was a "$30,000 car". :icon_really:

These days, some Chevrolet dealers are still adding a $5000 "Market Adjustment" on top of MSRP. Good luck with that! Anybody willing to pay that sort of markup is definitely going to get hosed on depreciation n the short term.