Help 2011 Camaro Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Default Help 2011 Camaro Lawsuit

Hello my name is Eric, I live in Belton, Mo. I need to get in touch with owners of 2011 Camaro 2 LT 6 cyl. coupes that do NOT have any issues with your suspension or knocking noises. I am in a lawsuit with Chevrolet due to the fact that my 2011 6cyl 2 LT coupe has what Chevrolet is calling a Lumber Wagon knock and they are claiming it is "Normal". Therefore I need to talk with anyone who has this same vehicle but withOUT the lumber knock noise. Please contact me via this post or email me directly at ebcamaro11@yahoo.com Please contact me as soon as possible. Thanks Eric

Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

If its not a safety issue, I don't see this lawsuit going anywhere. I doubt anyone wants to get pulled into this matter, but best of luck to you.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM

Hello, I am not attempting to get anyone involved in a lawsuit. I am simply trying to see if there is anyone out there with this same exact car that are NOT have this lumbar knock issue. Please contact me if you have this style of vehicle and are not experiecning any issues. Thanks Eric.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 AM
4th Gear Member

I'd like to hear more about this "lawsuit"

If you've simply sent a letter then that is far from a lawsuit. It seems to be a common complaint with the 5th gens however nobody has been damaged or injured due to it. With that said, i can't imagine a law firm looking to do a class action because there would not be damages awarded.

But, I anxiously await your details about this "lawsuit"

Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 PM

I would be happy to talk with you. I am really trying to find someone out there that is not having this knocking noise. Chevrolet is standing on the notion this is "Normal Operation" So i really need to find someone who isn't experiencing this issue. You can contact me via Email ebcamaro11@yahoo .com. I will send you my phone # and would love to talk with you. Thanks. Camaro50

Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro50
I would be happy to talk with you. I am really trying to find someone out there that is not having this knocking noise. Chevrolet is standing on the notion this is "Normal Operation" So i really need to find someone who isn't experiencing this issue. You can contact me via Email ebcamaro11@yahoo .com. I will send you my phone # and would love to talk with you. Thanks. Camaro50
I'm more interested in the strategy of the law firm who would take this case. At first glance there is no initial look into a sizable award just for you so it would need to be a class action. Then, how do you prove actual damages? The only thing I can see is POTENTIAL diminished resale value but that is a stretch. (maybe $4 per gallon gas is why resale value dropped) So, you would need to retain the lawyer yourself and as long as you keep paying, they would be happy to work with you. With respect to any firm taking it on contingency, that is what I'd like to hear about because I don't see it happening.

You are welcome to review your warranty and the T's and C's. You are welcome to find where they warrant the vehicle to be free of any rattles or noises.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM

I have a lawyer in Chicago that has taken it on contingency, but will only hold it open for a few more weeks. He states I need to find anyone that is not having this same problem so we can show it is not a "normal" issue. Thanks, Eric

Old 11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

'Chicago' & 'lawyer' in the same paragraph....

What's wrong with that picture?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Hey now, I'm sure there must be at least one scrupulous lawyer in all of Chicago.
I'm not sure I agree with the logic though. So, if you have 100 owners that are getting the noise, but only a small handful who aren't, that means by majority the suspension knocking would be considered "normal".

Old 11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

OK, there must be at least one....

The sound you are hearing is just the 'slop' being taken up in the drive-line as power is applied & removed. My neighbor has the same sounds on his new Camaro.

If there is a couple thousandths of 'play' at every connection in the drive line, including bushings, gear-sets, mounts and the like.... that's easily a cumulative 1/4" or more of slop in the drive-line every time you ease on or off the loud peddle.

So many new cars are so darn quiet now that you 'hear' every little noise & every little mechanical thunk.... because the customer wants quiet.

Some cars will have the clunks, some won't. Temperatures, hardness (durometer) of the bushings, even weight of trans & rear end lubes can alter what you hear. Production tolerances have a huge impact on driveline wrap & release.

One of the worst cars I ever owned was a Ford (I said the F-bomb) with a 9 inch, 31-spline Detroit Locker. Man.... you could hear and feel that thing lock in a corner a block away if you just tapped the gas as you turned.

One of the quietest cars I have ever driven is the Hyundai Equius.... absolute silence. But you ain't gonna get that in a mass-produced pony car.

Quick Reply: Help 2011 Camaro Lawsuit