Dealerships that just don't care!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Default Dealerships that just don't care!

OK, everyone knows GM went BK. A lot of people thought they'd get a good deal. They walked in (Like myself and wife) ready to buy this Camaro... only to be ignored, and get the "yeah what do you want?" look a few times.

It seems that the dealerships in the twin cities that were doing the best, were getting their "Your closing slip" because they sell other models- Kia's, Dodges, etc... Instead we get the grumpy old mans- "Chevy only" stealerships that do the fleets for the cops and "GOVERNMENT CARS!" -weird how they stay alive with low customer rating, but the good dealerships are being closed by "Government Motors!"
-Conspiracy maybe?-

So Where's my 2010 Camaro? "We don't know if we can get it, the owner wants nothing to do with GM now."
DAMN! I wanted it while Obama still promised to cover the warranties- Before July! After that, WHO KNOWS? I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens!

I loved this good dealership, and they had 9 years straight as GM's top dealer. Most chevys sold in MN... And yet they got chopped? And now their Salesman are discouraging me from buying? This is not good at all?

Then I come up and see people waiting 6 MONTHS to get a model? What if they sell Subaru's instead? Where are you going to pick it up? ...WAY too many unanswered questions for me, so I'm waiting for advice from you guys!
-----------------

We wanted a Base LS in Inferno orange w/Auto tapshift. Nothing Fancy! NO EXTRAS!
"Can't get one now, maybe in 2011" the salesman said... But it won't be from them! WTF? Is this happening everywhere? I mean I want this bad, but what can I do?

I tried to order one online, and they said "0" dealers in your area have this model... I may be waiting for a long time, but it's good to see a forum I can find people to relate to. The rest of my family is into prius's and 4 bangers for their gas mileage.
...they hated when I got the vette!

I can't wait to pull up in the new Inferno! But I'm not one to pay over MSRP.

RANT OVER... Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited by BaseLS; 06-09-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The dealers I've been too in NY are very interested in selling the Camaro. Most over sticker. I don't understand the turn off policy of your GM dealer. Cadillac and Chevy are the survivors. Only if the dealership is closing perhaps but if not, they should try to take your order.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
4th Gear Member

My suggestion would be keep the Corvette until Supply wins over the demand now. They will soon reduce the price when the fools stop paying over MSRP.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

My only advice is that if you aren't wanting to pay over MSRP then you might want to wait a while. I just ordered mine last week and there was no negotiation, they are doing production slow, so due to supply and demand, MSRP is the best you'll find, and its rare. I had to pay $2,000 over MSRP to pay for the allocation cost to my dealership.

It's odd that your dealership won't help you at all, unless they just aren't wanting to deal with the hassle of buying an allocation, they aren't smart. Are there any other chevy dealers in your area?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Unhappy NOOOOO! Someone was supposed to reply - I Have one! Come on down!

Great replies! I'll take everyone's advice and wait it out.

I felt used after being treated like that. But I suppose I came in asking for a "certain" Camaro "NOW! at MSP" - the guy probably though we lost our marbles

Now there is another Chevy dealer across town that is highly rated by most I've talked to, and he went to fight his "Letter of closure" in Washington. His dealership is called Walser, and I bought my Honda from him, so I know they're ok. But its another automall- with many brands, so that's probably why he was getting the axe too!

I'll go with the Walser group, probably because he made his case, and got it in the news. Which saved his business - for now....

I'll probably wait until next spring then.
Can't really sell a Corvette in the snow...

CURSE YOU 2010 CAMARO! Why did you have to reveal yourself to me too soon.
"...The PASSION of Camaro"

Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbarber87
My only advice is that if you aren't wanting to pay over MSRP then you might want to wait a while. I just ordered mine last week and there was no negotiation, they are doing production slow, so due to supply and demand, MSRP is the best you'll find, and its rare. I had to pay $2,000 over MSRP to pay for the allocation cost to my dealership.

It's odd that your dealership won't help you at all, unless they just aren't wanting to deal with the hassle of buying an allocation, they aren't smart. Are there any other chevy dealers in your area?
you had to pay for your allocation?! i ordered mine 2 and a half weeks ago and only had to pay 795 above MSRP for dealer freight charge

Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear member

wow this looks like a mess and why wouldnt you want to sell a car thats probably going to help you out some people this is why i hate car dealers

Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yea, they were not given this allocation by the dealer, this one they actually bought off another dealer that was not able to make any sales

Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear member

yea, they were not given this allocation by the dealer, this one they actually bought off another dealer that was not able to make any sales
at least you were able to get yours right when do you actually get it

Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

hmmm...yeah i guess that makes sense...my dealership has allocations but only a certain amount per month (i think it's a monthly basis...the way my salesman has explained it to me is that it's a monthly basis but can't always be predicted because GM sometimes just decides to allocate some more out of the blue..but the last 2 allocations were at the beginning of this month and the next 2 are supposed to be the beginning of july, in which mine should be included because the salesman already thought mine had been allocated in the last one)...so yeah i might have to wait another few weeks for allocation to come through because this dealer has been selling them like hotcakes and GM refuses to allow inventories at least to this dealer =/

but yeah i don't have to pay for the allocation

Quick Reply: Dealerships that just don't care!