camaro or corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Default camaro or corvette

i should have about 40000 grand should i get a camaro or corvette and if i got a camaro with the big engine how much would i have to spare u think thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: camaro or corvette

Depends the details on the new camaro arent out yet....

If I had that kinda cash id invest ina later model camaro.....Youd have a crazy fast car.

3rd gen camaro with built tranny/LS7 would be sick.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Ninja Administrator

if were talking new here either way you wont have a ton left over, and the aftermarket for the camaro will be sparse at first

Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yea go with a 2-4 gen and slap the money into it and you could have a wicked fast car with money left over!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If I had the money and had to choose between new...corvette, hands down. Don't get me wrong, I have been a camaro guy for a l-o-n-g time, but the camaro and vette...apples to oranges. In my opinion, the vette is just in a different class.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: PsyDoc

If I had the money and had to choose between new...corvette, hands down. Don't get me wrong, I have been a camaro guy for a l-o-n-g time, but the camaro and vette...apples to oranges. In my opinion, the vette is just in a different class.
X2

The vette is a better handling car in all respects, faster, quicker and sexier. Unless you get a "rare" Camaro there is no reason whatsoever to get a Camaro over a vette. Aftermarket for the vette is so much better than for Camaros, although quite a bit more pricey.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Overdrive Member

It's a good question -- what are the reasons to buy a 'Vette over a Camaro? Apart from looks and more power, you can have the same power, or get there with changes to a Camaro.

It would be good to see a pro/con list of Camaro vs Vette, but yea, it's too early to do the comparison right -- specs aren't out yet for the new Camaro...

ORIGINAL: jordan 572

i should have about 40000 grand should i get a camaro or corvette and if i got a camaro with the big engine how much would i have to spare u think thanks

Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Overdrive Member

I would LOVE to see a car magazine review the NEW Camaro with the current year 'Vette -- it will be interesting to see what they say in comparison...

ORIGINAL: 98SS#689

ORIGINAL: PsyDoc

X2

The vette is a better handling car in all respects, faster, quicker and sexier. Unless you get a "rare" Camaro there is no reason whatsoever to get a Camaro over a vette. Aftermarket for the vette is so much better than for Camaros, although quite a bit more pricey.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

all a camaro is, is a poor mans vette. if i had the option for a z06 vette or a z28 camaro? both 2009? id take the vette in a heart beat. its lighter, faster, the f*cker has the transmission in the back for perfrect weight distrubution, it has an aluminum frame and a 500 naturally aspirated horsepower engine. in a perfect world i would buy the vette, however... this is not a perfect world and i cannot afford a vette which is why im gonna buy the camaro. keep in mind the camaro is for the majority of people... whereas the vette is for a select few.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP member

i would definitely take a corvette

Quick Reply: camaro or corvette