2012 Camaro 2SS Vs 2013 Mustang GT(Automatic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Talking 2012 Camaro 2SS Vs 2013 Mustang GT(Automatic)

HI guys,
I did a lot of research on 2013 Mustangs. Now i am between a Used 2012 Camaro 2SS and 2013 Mustang GT. I don't have a lot of knowledge about Camaro's. Since this is a Camaro place most of you would support Camaro but please help me understand what exactly made you choose a Camaro over a mustang. Provide your suggestions in terms of handling and performance.

For that matter no car in the world is perfect and can be always tuned aftermarket according to our needs and bridge the gap. Please also provide your aftermarket suggestions.

Now, why a 2012 used Camaro 2SS and not a 2013 Camaro 2SS is because apart from the 7 " screen i don't see a lot of changes(as much as i know) and i am planning for a scosche touch screen with after market radio.

This is my first Car and very precious for me. Your suggestions go a long way. Thanks for your help guys.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

Go 5.0.

Ford finally build a good Mustang, and its better than the Camaro, sorry to say. The 5.0 is a beast and makes easy power with bolt ons, the Mustang is a good bit lighter, and it retained a SRA.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i agree with FD i really hate to say it but ford killed it with the 5.0 and they look pretty good too.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
Go 5.0.

Ford finally build a good Mustang, and its better than the Camaro, sorry to say. The 5.0 is a beast and makes easy power with bolt ons, the Mustang is a good bit lighter, and it retained a SRA.
Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
i agree with FD i really hate to say it but ford killed it with the 5.0 and they look pretty good too.
you guys are sooo wrong muscle car did a work up this year on the mustang super cobra, hennasy camaro and the callenger.... guess who won the Hennessy camaro the mustang had barly more HP but no traction control, longer brakeing distances and poorer cornering than the camaro so I guess they did nail the HP but still suck at everything else! the Camaro dominated over the mustang in defense of the callenger the shop didnt send the right car it didnt have the hp to keep up

Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by A2TURBO
you guys are sooo wrong muscle car did a work up this year on the mustang super cobra, hennasy camaro and the callenger.... guess who won the Hennessy camaro the mustang had barly more HP but no traction control, longer brakeing distances and poorer cornering than the camaro so I guess they did nail the HP but still suck at everything else! the Camaro dominated over the mustang in defense of the callenger the shop didnt send the right car it didnt have the hp to keep up
your talking about cars that have been built by an aftermarket company. google hennassey and you see they build the crap out of cars, like 1000HP minimum. in there stock form the 5.0 will destroy the camaro hands down.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
your talking about cars that have been built by an aftermarket company. google hennassey and you see they build the crap out of cars, like 1000HP minimum. in there stock form the 5.0 will destroy the camaro hands down.
your wrong again the hennesy was a 650 which actually dynoed at 612 the mustang was the supercharged super cobra still like I said in my earlyer post the mustangs handleing was crap. in the end its how these suped up muscle cars did but the basics are there ie wheight wheel base ect. ect

Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
2nd Gear member

i rented a 5.0L automatic mustand with 46km on the odometer. This car did not impress me one but. I am not a huge camaro fanboy stricty due to the fact i hate fanboys who always say that their favorite brand is the best and everyone elses is crap. That being said the stand did not impress me one bit. Im sure a stick would have made it much better but by no means did it feel like 426 or whatever horsepower. Didnt bag it too much in the cornering so i cant say much about handling. On the flip side the only new camaro i have been in is my buddys 2010 ss with a magnacharger and custom coil overs. (he bought it from this guy www.phantomss.com) and it is perfect. I mean that in every way...except for the red leather interior...

Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by A2TURBO
Comparing Hennessey to a GT500 isn't a fair comparison, as Basic said Hennessey is a huge aftermarket company that does more than just horsepower. Also the 612hp was at the wheels, that is more than 650 crank.

The GT500 doesn't handle well, that has always been the case, everyone knows that. However, all they need is a set of tires and its a new car. The Boss 302 is the track car, not the GT500 anyway. The Boss is incredibly fast around a track, posting one of the best times at Laguna Seca during Motor Trend's Hot Lap series. The ZL1 couldn't even compare, and the ZL1 was packing over 100 more hp with its supercharger vs the Boss's NA 5.0.

The OP is talking about a base 5.0 vs a SS, not 600+ hp cars. In stock form and bolt on form, the Mustang is the superior car in just about all aspects.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
1st Gear Member

I was looking at the Boss Laguna Seca package on their website. Favorite part: "rear seat delete." Sweet....

Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Czaarsvk
HI guys,
I did a lot of research on 2013 Mustangs. Now i am between a Used 2012 Camaro 2SS and 2013 Mustang GT. I don't have a lot of knowledge about Camaro's. Since this is a Camaro place most of you would support Camaro but please help me understand what exactly made you choose a Camaro over a mustang. Provide your suggestions in terms of handling and performance.

For that matter no car in the world is perfect and can be always tuned aftermarket according to our needs and bridge the gap. Please also provide your aftermarket suggestions.

Now, why a 2012 used Camaro 2SS and not a 2013 Camaro 2SS is because apart from the 7 " screen i don't see a lot of changes(as much as i know) and i am planning for a scosche touch screen with after market radio.

This is my first Car and very precious for me. Your suggestions go a long way. Thanks for your help guys.
There is a link that I can provide for you below that shows a comparison between both vehicles. You will definitely love the 2013 Camaro! Please let us know what you think!

2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1 | Competitive Comparison | Chevrolet

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vs 2013 Mustang GT(Automatic)