2010 camaro prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:17 PM
|
Default 2010 camaro prices

What are these camaros going to bring? I have an opportunity to order one at sticker. My dealer does not believe in charging above sticker? Should I jump on this? What do you guys think?? Thanks. quack321@comcast.net

Old 02-19-2009 | 01:32 AM
4th Gear Member

This is like the most asked question in this section. I believe Chevy has a chart that maps out pricing for the different models with and without all the options.. I think this kinda sounds like a dealership play on words i guess would be the right phrase. See most dealerships have TWO stickers on new cars. The sticker with the MSRP on it and the sticker after mark up (at the dealership I work at we call it the "second sticker"). If you want to get technical.. We dont believe in asking over the sticker price either... the SECOND sticker price that is...

Old 02-19-2009 | 03:54 PM
|
Default sticker price

No, this would be the actual msrp. No add ons or addendums. Just whatever the factory sticker is. I am assuming from the reply that you think they will be marked up so I am doing well???

Old 02-19-2009 | 11:13 PM
4th Gear Member

Well, If you get one right now you would be paying more than you would be after awhile. My guess is the MSRP is higher right now because its a hot car and is anticipated to sell quickly. If you can get it for MSRP with all the options you want i suppose that would be a good deal for the time being. If you wait you run the risk of having a hard time finding one, but the MSRP wont be so high BUT they will probably throw on the 2nd sticker markup. If you can afford it id take their offer. I mean you come away with a brand new Camaro with little to no miles and any of the problems they have yet to work out since its a new car will be covered by the warranty. I dont really know why people say "stay away from the first year models" anything that goes wrong is usually covered by warranty.

Old 02-20-2009 | 06:08 AM

But anyone knows what will be its actual price?

Old 02-22-2009 | 11:36 AM
1st Gear Member

no its all ball park numbers.
go to camaro5.com

Old 02-22-2009 | 09:19 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Spartan66
Well, If you get one right now you would be paying more than you would be after awhile. My guess is the MSRP is higher right now because its a hot car and is anticipated to sell quickly. If you can get it for MSRP with all the options you want i suppose that would be a good deal for the time being. If you wait you run the risk of having a hard time finding one, but the MSRP wont be so high BUT they will probably throw on the 2nd sticker markup. If you can afford it id take their offer. I mean you come away with a brand new Camaro with little to no miles and any of the problems they have yet to work out since its a new car will be covered by the warranty. I dont really know why people say "stay away from the first year models" anything that goes wrong is usually covered by warranty.
There is a real reason to stay away from the first year of a new design. The best way to test a cars design is to built thousands of them and let all types of people drive. Sure a dealer has to fix anything that breaks and they will recall any saftey issue. But the little mistakes and sometime not so little mistakes that are just not right but not broke. The 68 vet was a mess. Even today it is avoided by some collectors because to make it right you have to make it not stock. Look at the rear end design in the 67 v-8 camaro what a mess. They built the cars for 3 months before they changed the design. When the astro van was first released what a rattle trap. Custmers compained but all we could say was nothing is broke. Even the first year of the saturn had a engineering mistake in the suspension that could not be fixed with bolt on parts. It was not bad enough to be a saftey issue so they fixed in the next year. I do think design software/simulators has reduced it but only time will tell if the first year gen 5 camaro is as good as the second year.

Old 02-23-2009 | 10:34 PM
2nd Gear member

I do totally agree with one thing that GORN said even if I am taking it a little out of concept "to make it right you have to make it not stock." I'd say the stock errors that can be fixed by aftermarket things are just a good way to get performance without up setting the misses.

Old 02-23-2009 | 10:49 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You're misunderstanding I think. Stock is stock- if there were issues as it came from the factory, you're still modifying the car when you fix them- which in the case of a collector car, kills all the collectibility.

Anyway, to answer the topic of the thread, this was on Wikipedia:

Chevrolet started taking pre-orders for the 2010 Camaro on October 13, 2008. The LS will start at US$22,995 while the SS will start at US$30,995.[26] By the end of 2008, General Motors confirmed more than 10,000 advanced orders[27] and that all pre-orders would be completed by October 2009.[28] On January 17, 2009, the first production fifth-generation Camaro was auctioned at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction.[29] The winning bidder paid US$350,000 with all proceeds going to the American Heart Association.
I've been to a Chevy dealership recently, and apparently they're selling well in the SS form- the one I went to apparently has only had to order a couple V6s, while the V8s are selling quite well.

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:18 AM
2nd Gear member

I don't know if anyone read the December issue of Muscle Car Milestones, but I had to go digging through my piles of Hot Rods, MCMs, and Car & Drivers to find it but I did. The issue did a head to head of a the all of the come back muscle cars and they had actually went to GM to get a little show of the new Camaro anyways they were talkin about the 3.6 v6 pushin 310 hp/270 lbs torque. 6.2 ls3 pushing 420 hp/408 lbs torque. having the engines powering six speed auto or manual. ranging from 22,000 up to 33,000.

Also did anyone see I belive it was last months Hot Rod that went through GM's new version of the COPO, Earnhardt, and Koni editions.